What's the latest patch that Fleshstorm supports?

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

What's the latest patch that Fleshstorm supports?

Post by TheJamsh »

Been playing on the latest release today, was surprised the UI worked without trouble but at the end of the first single-player mission, I crashed to desktop.

Quite fancy trying to beat Fleshstorm, so does anybody know which patch it supports best before I just go and download them all? (Or just bugger it and get PB3)
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: What's the latest patch that Fleshstorm supports?

Post by Ded10c »

With the existing patches it's 1.3PB3, but I've had success running it on later patches. There is a DXT patch out there... somewhere...
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

Dxt patch is on the downloads section on bzscrap.
The only problem I get on the latest patch is that leaving a mission via aborting, winning or losing crashes the game.

I have noticed that the problem also occurs on the 1.3 version of FE as well so it doesn't seem to be isolated to one mod.

I don't believe I had the problem on PB6, but I can't be 100% sure.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

I seem to recall that PB4 and possibly some later patches created an issue in Fleshstorm where newly spawned units wouldn't automatically be put into command groups, so you couldn't control them.

Best to use PB3.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

thinking later patches fixes that, especially if joiners left. then units would be absorbed into the commanders slots, if possible.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

Yeah I just went back to PB3 in the end - Fleshstorm is one of those mods where you don't want to have an unexpected crash an hour and a half into a mission (just beat #3 - damn that took some time). Good grief does it highlight how much the patches have improved the game over the years. I miss the old pre-DX9 lighting model though, gun towers look so much cooler when they light everything up. Mind you, worthy trade for some anti-aliasing :D

Also fun fact, turns out you can't split up units from a group into an empty group. Awful
Developer @ Stormtide
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2350#p40547 << My UE4 Battlezone Project

ModDB - Battlezone II Unofficial Expansion Pack