Instructions: Unzip to Battlezone II folder. Requires BZ2 1.3 PB7+. (b130) Best played on latest, as usual.
Make a shortcut and point to BZC_bzone.cfg. 30 TPS recommended but not required. Example: /config BZC_bzone.cfg /tps 30
This zip also contains the first public release of The Red Odyssey expansion for Battlezone Classic. The config is setup already to use it, simply unzip the "BZCExpansion" zip to the BZ2 folder to install/enable TRO.
View the BZClassic\SourceDocs\ folder for changelog, Lua scripting callbacks, and modder feature list. General Features since last version:
- Red Wolves added.
- Lua Mission scripting capability.
- Lots of Bug fixes.
- New features.
- The Red Odyssey expansion.
Code: Select all
Things changed from BZ2 Stock behavior:
- Removed ISDF/Scion races from playable race lists.
-- Made add later as part of a "BZ2 map pack" addon.
- Battlezone 1 style UI, with BZ2 features.
-- TeamPlay Player icons have health/ammo indicators.
-- MP Lobby starts you in the IRC Chat Lobby like in BZ1.
-- Options menu on every page.
- Made multiplayer game modes interchangable across all Stock maps. Extra options buttons toggle between the game modes.
-- DM has 5 game modes, DM, CTF, KoTH, Loot, and Race.
-- ST has 5 modes, ST, CTF, MPI, Loot, and Capture.
- if RespawnAtLowAltitude = true(default) then it will respawn you in a ship like in BZ1. If false, it will respawn you as a pilot in the air, like in BZ2.
- Team Deathmatch now supports proper win conditions, using your team's accumulative score. In BZ2 Team DM still won whenever one player hit kill limit.
- KoTH and CTF code supports winning via Score Limit.
- Made Kill Limit into Score Limit.
- Made Race game mode have the option to be only one way, for non looping races. If Laps is 0, then it is a one-way race.
- made dedicated RACE maps have a Respawn option. If it is off, you only get one life.
- FFA Alliance code now supports full control over alliances.
-- Ally anyone with anyone else, up to 14 players supported.
- 4 new Playable races:
-- Black Dogs
-- Red Wolves
- Remote accessible Satellite, just like in BZ1.
-- Select Satellite, and activate/deactivate it at your will.
-- BZ1 races have active SITE CAM during Satellite mode.
- King of the Hill game mode added. Supports proper win/lose conditions, and also has the ability for the hill to move periodically around the map. Extra options has a move time limit option.
- Capture The Flag game mode added. Supports proper win/lose conditions, and also has options for spawning defences around the flags. Also supports FFA or TeamPlay modes.
- Race game mode added. Originally to fix old mode, but added new "one way"
option to Extra options.
- IA/MPI supports up to 5 AI enemies, depending on the map spawn points.
-- You can choose each AI's individual race, difficulty, and team alliance.
- Reinforcements option in Extra Options. A Transport will land and dropoff reinforcements.
-- Choose how often and how many units you want to be dropped off. The number of ships cannot exceed the minutes interval of the transport to avoid unit overflow.
- Scrap Respawn option in Extra Options.
-- Respawn is just instantly appearing on ground in certain spots.
-- Meteor is a falling meteor from the sky, near certain spots.