Suggestions, please.

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Player
Drunken Constructor

Suggestions, please.

Post by Player »

Hello! I would like to request if someone could give me a list of mods that have new campaign modes? I have already completed Fleshstorm 2, Forgotten Enemies, and obviously, the default campaign. I know I have to do QF 2, but I would love to know a few others, if any. Thanks!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Suggestions, please.

Post by General BlackDragon »

Battlezone Classic features 4 campaigns and advanced IA/MPI. Also features 1 coop MP map. (1.3.7.1+) (5 new old races: NSDF, CCA, BDOG, RWLF, CRA)

Dune Command has 5 coop MP missions. (1.3.7.1+) (3 new races: Dune command factions, I forgot their names.)

EPIC has no SP campaign, but good IA/MP (1.3.7.1+) (1 new race: Playable Cerberi.)

VSR has no SP, but good IA/MPI modes. (1.3.7.1+) (2 new races: Hadean and Deadlian)

G66 has no SP, but good MPI. (1.3.7.1+) (no new races, but several new weapons/units)

ZE Mod has no SP, but good MP. (1.3.7.1+) (2 new races, Zepher and ShinKluh)

QF1 features an SP campaign, no MP. (1.3 PB51)? (1 new race, early QF)

The Resistance Mod has an SP campaign, no MP (1.2 only) (? new race: You fight the borg)

Most of the mods/patches can be found on http://www.bzscrap.org

That's all I can think of off the top of my head within 5 minutes just before going to bed an hour and a half too late. :P

I'm sure someone will mention something I missed.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

You forgot about Uler. A very nice mod. InTheShadows also has an SP campaign but missions are quite monotonous and unbalanced.

No SP campaign mods work under 1.3.7.1+ except the BZClassic.

BZScap offers a lot of files for each mod without any installation instructions, so you are on your own. BTW, it could be great to have these.
Player
Drunken Constructor

Post by Player »

Thanks for the lists guys! I'm horrible at getting mods to work. I have spent 3 hours trying to get qf1/resistance/intheshadows to work, to no avail. A little help would be nice. :3
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

In The Shadows is a very early 1.3 expansion. I think it was only made maybe up to Public Beta 3, if that. I can't confirm since its been a very long time since I messed with those mods in particular. Its also the only one from Sonic that was made for 1.3, the others he did are all for 1.2.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.
Player
Drunken Constructor

Post by Player »

Never mind, guys. I figured out the problem with all three. Once again, thanks for the suggestions!