labmice00
Thunderbolt

Re: Forgotten Enemies

Post by labmice00 »

Ghastly
Sober Scav

Post by Ghastly »

What part, exactly? If you mean the Nadir drones, they're tough in that they have chainguns (not totally sure. Orange miniguns :P), but they usually come alone, aside from a few waves at the very end. If you're having trouble with the gun tower, use your Advanced Shadow missile to snipe it (can't remember if you can out-range it, but you can bounce around a small hill nearby to hide. I can upload a small video if you need an illustration). It takes a few good hits, but it should go down. If you run low on armor and ammo, head back for the service trucks, and try to avoid meteors (I wouldn't get too low on armor before heading back).

If you're still having trouble, you maybe should turn the difficulty a little lower. I think that affects enemy accuracy and aggression. Remember to save at key points.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Someone should change the topic name to FE CAMPAIGN.
NOT just Forgotten Enemies... :roll:
Hansolo962
Rattler

Post by Hansolo962 »

Ghastly wrote:What part, exactly? If you mean the Nadir drones, they're tough in that they have chainguns (not totally sure. Orange miniguns :P), but they usually come alone, aside from a few waves at the very end. If you're having trouble with the gun tower, use your Advanced Shadow missile to snipe it (can't remember if you can out-range it, but you can bounce around a small hill nearby to hide. I can upload a small video if you need an illustration). It takes a few good hits, but it should go down. If you run low on armor and ammo, head back for the service trucks, and try to avoid meteors (I wouldn't get too low on armor before heading back).

If you're still having trouble, you maybe should turn the difficulty a little lower. I think that affects enemy accuracy and aggression. Remember to save at key points.
The drones basic take out my objective the first 5 mins
Hansolo962
Rattler

Post by Hansolo962 »

labmice00 wrote:Here's the walkthrough.
http://fewalkthru.sequoyahcomputer.com/
Thanks
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

I had the same problem. Go ahead and take it out. Worse comes to worse, block the shots with your ship.
IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU DESTROY IT: SAVE THE GAME!!!!
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Exploit the AI by getting all of their attention, then use maneuvers to kill them off while maintaining their attention.
Huib-Bloodstone
Rattler

Post by Huib-Bloodstone »

Yes, took me a while to figure that out heh draw there attention elsewere and try to survive ofc ;)

These transports haven't got alot of health ;)
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

The transports die TOO easy.
I wish someone could edit the transport's health...
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Baconboy wrote:The transports die TOO easy.
I wish someone could edit the transport's health...
I did it, and I did it how it was. Took me some tries.

It is supposed to be difficult because that is how FE is. The first mission out of the gate is supposed to say "wake up, 1.2 vets! Single player for men"

Now every mission is winnable at least up to into the fire. There is a game breaking bug on that map that prohibits progress, unless you get really creative.
Hansolo962
Rattler

Post by Hansolo962 »

it is hard to get the attention of the cpu because their main objective is destroying your transports so it is insanely hard to hit them with a shadower missile
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Hansolo962 wrote:it is hard to get the attention of the cpu because their main objective is destroying your transports so it is insanely hard to hit them with a shadower missile
Work the AI code to your advantage. It is no different than hitting a titan, having it roll up under a hill, and then stop moving or shooting because it "thinks" it should be able to hit you, but you are not in its firing plane. Easy pickings. These just require staying within their engage range but outside their firing range at all times, 1 so they don't lose interest in you and 2 so they don't kill you. I have won this mission at default.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

As have I
Mauler_Bait
Scrap

Post by Mauler_Bait »

i ranted about this in chat but i guess ill post it again here....

Not everyone who plays this IS a 1.2 vet...so they would have a very hard time getting past that first mission..

FE was designed with 1.2's limitations in mind. So running into those scouts with the uberchainguns in 1.2 would have been no problem...as it should be on the FIRST mission...circle strafe and kill. with 1.3's aim code i think anyone would be hard pressed to complete the campaign without cheating. I can think of several missions that i highly doubt any of the 1.2 old farts will be able to complete simply because its too many ships too early at once. Most of the time in 1.2 ive completed them or survived by simply getting all the enemies attention while my lone turret picked them off.