Sabre

Re: Big list of BZ2 Mods

Post by Axeminister »

Thanks for all your work on this!!
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

played a rend game with rend aips, was awesome.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Windy and I played as Scion and the computer team never attacked, but they did last night. Said AIP File modrndff1.aip not found.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

looks like he only made Scion vs Scion stuff for the modchil and modsky AIP's
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

ok, sure has been fun playing this again
Love it when Ratbats come and start ruining your base.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Who did Skywars? I recall playing it to the death with the creator, iirc something with -rat- in it, but just cant recall his full nick ...
I'm also wondering if he adapted his code to prevent the MW-bugs that G66 also suffered from for a while (like AI ships skipping forward and backward).
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

It has Rat Bats, and Colonial Viper that fly. A few other ships like the Cougar (hover tank), Fuzzy( Mech warrior that jumps) with a few weapons like flamethrower, flash beam, force etc. Has anti-air towers and the factory upgrades ships by itself, you can't use the factory console. Which I need to report to RD that his update hasn't let the ai update the ships and you can't use the factory, right now. I'm sure he can fix that. I've never seen these ships do the warping thing if that is what you are asking.
We play ISDF vs Scion on Rend a lot. Start out with nothing but a scout for real action.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Uploaded a new Skywars zip

+ made units customizable in the ISDF Factory
+ added some Scion vs Scion AIP for Dunes and Rend, BUT they may cause missing pathpoint console errors to pop up
+ fixed some bad pathpoints in some AIP's

let me know if you get any missing pathpoint errors. original author wasn't consistent in pathpoint names in maps or in AIP's.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Axeminister wrote:[snip]
I know whats in Axe, I was around (and very active) when this was developed. Better said, I was one of the first to download the initial package (which at the time started out as just a dll/map-mod).
Its just that I cant recall who made it, I recall playing with him a lot and that his nick had -rat- (or somesuch) in his name, but not the exact nickname ... which now bothers me :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

uploaded a new Skywars zip.

+ removed some non-buildable units from the AIP's which had been generating some error messages. should get more action now.

+ Crigs weren't rebuilding up some bases due to bad requirements. fixed.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

VSR (Vet Strat Recycler) is a strat-oriented Recycler Variant for 1.3 that provides the following features.
  • Improvement of seldom-used weapons (ie: pulse stab, pummel, tag, prox mines, etc) and ships (lancer, sentry), making them now worth considering and adapted to their own strategies
  • Balancing which makes things more convenient for competitive play (ie: 3 second pods, empty scouts build faster, upgraded extractors are renamed to 'extractor+', recyclers can be packed up and many, many, more things.)
  • Improved "1.2 Style ships" available for use which allow for improved airborne handling and maneuverability
  • New ST and DM maps.
  • VSR can be used as a substitute for the stock 1.3 recycler in MPI games (though perhaps not recommended for maps that have an 'insane' recycler variant enabled by default).
  • Users who are running VSR can join and host non-VSR games w/o getting bad assets (although people who are not running VSR will get bad assets if the VSR modes are turned on).
Development Forum (the newest pre-releases are posted here)

Future versions of VSR may include improvements to the shell, and I am considering making the Hadeans a playable, and balanced race. Please look at the release notes of the latest posted pre-release for instructions (as host) to enable VSR starting rats and VSR starting ships on stock maps.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

ZA, you should indeed make a version of the Hadeans fit for VSR, but it should lay on top of FE or some such. At least, that is how I figure.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Uploaded a new G66 installer/uninstaller that uses the Inno app GSH supplied.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Give the Hadeans to whoever is working on the race mod so they have less to do. Then tell them to hurry up. lol
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Axeminister wrote:Give the Hadeans to whoever is working on the race mod so they have less to do. Then tell them to hurry up. lol
I haven't had the time to work on that mod :-/, or any mod, or testing, or anything really.