Big list of BZ2 Mods

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Big list of BZ2 Mods

Post by Red Devil »

uploaded faster than last time; link restored.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

The XMOD link is now broken.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Vassili
Thunderbolt

Post by Vassili »

VSR is not a mod? If not what is it?
The first link (EPIC) send to a blank page; php error?

EDIT/ all bz2md.com links return blank pages.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Vassili wrote:VSR is not a mod? If not what is it?
The first link (EPIC) send to a blank page; php error?

EDIT/ all bz2md.com links return blank pages.
BZ2MD links target the old forum, not the new one (which aside from new software is otherwise identical). Until someone edits the links, do it yourself in the address bar; replace /smf/ with /smf2/.

VSR is a recycler variant, though it probably should be listed here.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Vassili
Thunderbolt

Post by Vassili »

VSR is a recycler variant, though it probably should be listed here.
In sens he is not in the BZ2 without extra installation, i call that a mod or something who must be categorized same yes.
I can play greenheart with everybody, and nobody can play VSR with me, because i just install BZ2.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Right now VSR runs via its own shortcut, so it's more of a full mod than it is an addon, for a couple of reasons.

(1) Recently a large batch of maps were converted to be playable in VSR game modes, a small number of those maps have the same bzn names as stock maps and you can't join a stock 1.3 game on those maps without getting bad assets. This will be fixed.
(2) VSR updates a couple of stock options pages to make VSR modes be more playable in MPI and DM. This will also be changed so that VSR no longer touches these configs.
(3) Not wanting to complicate testing stock 1.3 by having VSR assets always be present in the user's Maps13 folder.

It will eventually go back to being an addon recycler variant that is activated via its own maps, and will be designed to live in addon/maps13 without stepping on anything that is stock 1.3.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Sounds like I need to take a look at all those interesting new additions you've made then, I'm way out of date.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

posted an update to FE13 in the first post of this thread which should fix some missions not running, etc.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i hit the reset button and uploaded a new FE13 installer to incorporate the recent vehicle list and cfg changes, plus fix some asset hosing.

updated the download link in first post.
Abraham Lincoln

FireBlade
Scrap

Post by FireBlade »

I'm returning to BZ after about 8 years of downtime; currently waiting on my CD to come in from Amazon.

I'm looking at this thread trying to plan what I should download once I get a stock install, but the mod-to-patch dependency tree seems pretty hairy - I understand certain MODs work best/only with certain patches. I'm sure I could figure it all out with trial-and-error once I get the CD, but wanted to avoid the trouble if I can.

I'm particularly concerned with having:

1.) Plain BZ 1.2 install - nostalgic purposes.

2.) Forgotten Enemies - I was told 1.2 was the best choice right now; I only see a 1.3 patch updated 11/26/13 ... is it any good?

3.) Most up-to-date BZ - I understand this to be 6.4. However, it seems like certain other mods won't work with this, so I'm guessing this will/should stand apart from 1.2 and not completely override it?

4.) The most difficult AI possible - To get me back on my feet again. I'm completely in the blind on this one, as I'm not sure what's changed since I last played.

I'm hoping to start again as a player, but ultimately I'd like to get into the technical realm again. I was slightly involved with modding in the past, but I was a wee lad. Now I'm a Junior Computer Science major, and really interested in getting into BZ coding as recreation (that's a whole other topic :))

Thanks in advance for any help.
voxnat
Scrap

Post by voxnat »

AHadley wrote:EPIC should come with an addon folder of its own; drop them in there.
Hi there - quick question - I am struggling with Epic textures - have tried putting the textures into various folders but none seem to work (I have Epic installed in 1.364z, but straight into the root directory without an Epic subfolder). I have tried putting textures into Root Directory (*Battlezone II 1.364z"), into Addon, into Epic_Addon and into DXTBZ2 - no duplication, but still no dice. Do I need an "Epic" subfolder perhaps? (Thanks in advance for any help).
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

They need to be in Epic_Addon. Make sure they're in DXT format.
voxnat
Scrap

Post by voxnat »

Many thanks - will try again
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Can you add a link to VSR to the main post?

This below link will be updated (from my end) to always point directly to the latest version so you can use it and then I can update where the link points to whenever a new version is released.
http://bz2maps.us/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=52
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

done
Abraham Lincoln