Big list of BZ2 Mods

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Axeminister
Sabre

Re: Big list of BZ2 Mods

Post by Axeminister »

Red Devil, hey we are anxious to try the new G66 but have had so much going on lately we have not had time to even download it. It's still gonna be a little while before I can get to it. I should be able to install on Sunday.
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

heh, same here; gardening, firewood, deck bracing, etc.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Get you some G66 soldier!

http://youtu.be/MMOS4-LjsWg
He who does not advance themselves, endlessly becomes themselves.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3606640
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

:mrgreen:
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Abraham Lincoln

Sabre Tank
Thunderbolt

Post by Sabre Tank »

I can't figure out how to patch Epic Mod with the latest patch. The map textures are broken or something and I have the fix for it, but I can't figure out where to extract them!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

EPIC should come with an addon folder of its own; drop them in there.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nomad
Scrap

Post by Nomad »

Ran into a problem installing QF Mod. The Installer is unable to write any of the files (be it the pak, cfg) into the root directory, WinRAR is also unable to unzip them into the root directory. I was able to copy everything to the root directory: mod, patch, and texture fixes. The textures actually show up in regular BZ2, but the mod will not run. I also tried installing into a seperate BZ2 directory with patch pb4a, but with the same results. Am I skipping something here, or has something happened with the mod? The links on the first post are still broken, so I downloaded from BZScrap and the mediafire link that AHadley provided, same result with both.

EDIT: It must something with my computer because the same thing happened with FS2, sorry bout that guys. Any opinions on what might be going on are still appreciated.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Sounds like Windows again. Run the program as an administrator (context menu) and/or turn UAC down (or off, that thing is as annoying as all hell).

Some mods require earlier versions of BZ2, but I think most of the popular ones are up-to-date.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Nomad, it sounds as if you are not getting the permissions to write into those directories. By default the permissions of the BZ2 folder will belong to the 'Administrators' user group and therefore users with a 'Limited' account will not be able to gain the permissions to write to them. A UAC prompt will usually pop up if you need to have administrative permissions to write into a folder. In most cases if you are an administrative user then you will get that prompt. If you do not get the prompt for whatever reason then you can simply right-click on the mod installer and select 'Run as Administrator' and that should give you the permissions necessary to install into your BZ2 folder. If you are a 'limited' user then you typically cannot gain administrative permissions via a UAC prompt and you will have to install the mod through your machine's main user account or other account with permissions to administrate the machine.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Nomad
Scrap

Post by Nomad »

I appreciate it guys. It's strange though, this is my PC, I'm set as the administrator, and there are no other accounts. Thanks again for the help
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Do you have UAC on? I can't say for sure if that's the cause as I don't have it enabled, but it's a possibility.
Nomad
Scrap

Post by Nomad »

Nah, I turned off the UAC. It's strange, the mod still doesn't launch on pb 6.2, but the installer did work. I didn't even think it would be a permissions problem seeing as I'm the admin and there's only my account so I didn't even think to run as admin. Anyway, I suppose I'll just have to keep tinkering with it til I find what the issue is.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

sounds like you might be trying to install it into C:\Program Files\

try another folder outside of there, like C:\BZ2
Abraham Lincoln

TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Vista and Windows 7 (probably Windows 8 too, but I won't ever use that POS OS on a desktop environment) take monopoly over the Program Files directory (and Program Files (x86) for those on 64-bit systems), so it is highly recommended that you install any programs usually outside of those directories. Causes less headaches in the long run and I've been doing that for a while. Most of my utility programs are in C:\Programs, where-as games and stuff are on another partition (in my case, G:\). Just a little tip for future reference.
If you happen to be looking through my posts, I have completely dumped all things related to Battlezone. Do not contact me, do not bother me. Been harassed enough as it is and am done entirely.