Big list of BZ2 Mods

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Big list of BZ2 Mods

Post by Ded10c »

That forum hosts the development board for several mods, including HE. It's not released yet.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

AHadley wrote:That forum hosts the development board for several mods, including HE. It's not released yet.
Might I ask, is this storyline actually good to play in that order? I see HE included, but I don't understand why is it immediately after Scion Path since it's not even released yet?

http://www.bzcomplex.com/wiki/index.php?title=Storyline

*Where could I find Zephyr mod?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

BZComplex's content is mostly outdated, just so you're aware. Most of its content is being moved to the wiki in my signature (though of course, that doesn't mean you can't use it).

You can safely ignore Hidden Enemies as barely anything is known about its plot and its developer is currently absent. Everything else in that tree should be relatively easy to find, except Cerberi Revenge (your best bet for that is bzscrap.org).
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

HE was in fact released. Before Cerberi Revenge IIRC.
It's not really in the primary extended universe timeline though.
Hell that mod is so old I still hadn't made any tools yet at the time.

The Storyline page there is a bit dated and allowed any mod to add itself at the time. Now-a-days we have gotten into the idea of unifying a central expanded universe.

I need to entirely rebuild BZComplex but I find myself busy with other projects, like the LUA scripting engine to use with the rebuild of FE to get the racial assets sorted entirely for the CP2.
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

Could some empowered person please add QF2 to the list of released mods? I'd appreciate it.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

how's that?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

Perfect! Cheers RD!
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:HE was in fact released. Before Cerberi Revenge IIRC.
I found a release thread for CR dated August 2007, and an HE thread from 2009 marking early 2011 as a potential release date. I don't remember it ever making it.
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Nielk1 wrote:The Storyline page there is a bit dated and allowed any mod to add itself at the time. Now-a-days we have gotten into the idea of unifying a central expanded universe.
I'd like to play some "canon" mods, could you provide an order, something like on that wiki?

PS: still looking for Zephyr mod link!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

There are no canon mods, but these are the closest you'll get;

-Forgotten Enemies: *The* unofficial canon mod.
-Fleshstorm: Not quite as close as FE, but close.
-Uler: The first BZ2 singleplayer mod ever released, to my knowledge. Fits the story seamlessly, but isn't hugely popular and thus tends to be overlooked.
-QF: Runs parallel to FE.

There are other mods that fit later on in the storyline, but they get progressively messier and messier as they get further away from the official content. I'm slowly trying to put everything together piece by piece, and often my own work takes the form of ways to do that, but there's nothing that works really well outside those four (I haven't played QF2 yet).
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

AHadley wrote:There are no canon mods, but these are the closest you'll get;

-Forgotten Enemies: *The* unofficial canon mod.
-Fleshstorm: Not quite as close as FE, but close.
-Uler: The first BZ2 singleplayer mod ever released, to my knowledge. Fits the story seamlessly, but isn't hugely popular and thus tends to be overlooked.
-QF: Runs parallel to FE.

There are other mods that fit later on in the storyline, but they get progressively messier and messier as they get further away from the official content. I'm slowly trying to put everything together piece by piece, and often my own work takes the form of ways to do that, but there's nothing that works really well outside those four (I haven't played QF2 yet).
What about Apostles and Fleshstorm 2?

Is Zephyr mod even finished?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Apostles has been in development by a one-man team for years, and I should probably have mentioned FS2 alongside FS. Zephyr is released but does not take place in the BZ storyline.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

added working link for Zephyr/ZE Mod
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apostles was the result of a clan mod that got no support from its members. Basically, it used to be called "aRc Mod" and then it got rolled into Apostles once the clan died because the ideas were still good. Unlike BBB, I have many other obligations so it never got done. Then the CP2 came around and a lot of the mechanical and storyline elements got rolled over into that. And that actually has a team. Though it has hit some snags where it needs to use FE related content which led to my FE Rebuild/Redux project.

HE was released before CR I believe, but then was going to be massively redone. I may be wrong, I had beta access to it.

"The Core Project" that was critical to Apostles was rolled into CP2.

I would say that Uler comes after BZ2, but needs some work to make it fully compatible (not story wise but mechanics wise). Then comes FE. QF runs parallel to FE and involves a cool side story. FS and FS2 follow. A FS3 that only exists on paper runs parallel to early CP2 which is in early development.

QF2 is off on another planet but it makes some statements about the main universe that don't fit in line with the other mods. I tend to consider it alternate universe. I've not had time to play it so I can't say for sure.

Zephyr is alternate universe, and darn cool.

Apostles, which again, does not exist, was alternate universe. It involved the ISDF ending of BZ2 and was meant to carry over the alternate version of events from FE, FS, and new content now with loose footing in CP2.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Red Devil wrote:added working link for Zephyr/ZE Mod
BZ2 MD links need to be /smf2/ not /smf/ anymore.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****