Banning Player's in 1.3

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Banning Player's in 1.3

Post by MrTwosheds »

Don't see any need to alter fog on existing maps really, most of em are fine as they are, performance does degrade with long distances, particularly when a lot of stuff been built. I feel that being able to watch the enemy base from yours actually takes from the game rather than improves it. There's nothing quite like having a gang of mortar bikes you hadn't spotted take down your base :) Or a bomber suddenly appearing out of the fog. I actually like foggy maps.
Distance fog is a powerful performance enhancer, reducing the load on the graphics processor and improving the game by adding an element of uncertainty as to where your enemy's actually are.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

I wouldn't be opposed to that. I hate autoleveling.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The maximum fog distance should fit the maps, not necessarily the whims of the player.

We would all benefit from autoleveling defaulting to off.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

You're not (ever) going to be able to counter what I was referring to GSH, its too subtle and to unfrecently used to be really bothered by it. But beyond that it clearly is the new 'change visibility range' 'sort of cheat' we all craved in 1.2.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Maybe you would like to tell us what your talking about in the patch development forum.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

If you know of an exploit and don't want to share it in public, my email address is on my profile and the bottom of http://matesfamily.org/bz2/ . That offer's open to everyone.

-- GSH
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Its pretty simple and anyone can use it and most of us do so in some form, its simply key-editing.
Anyone with custom binds that offer extra functionality is in effect cheating, they create an imbalance with players that dont do so or dont know how. Some take it a lot further than others though.

Each and every key you press has some form of responcetime linked to it, keys that you hover over with your fingers ofcourse less than those that you're not hovering above, thats exactly where they gain is.

I've even messed a bit with 'unbalanced teamcolors' and those who dont know how to switch them will be on the short end of the stick, where I am not as I have all sorts of custom binds to counter any form of 'tempering' with teamcolors.

In an MP environment I'd like to see everything that could provide some imbalance staticly set. Its the surest bet in having an even playing field.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

...that teamcolours comment doesn't make much sense, since they're local-only.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Red Spot wrote:Its pretty simple and anyone can use it and most of us do so in some form, its simply key-editing.
Anyone with custom binds that offer extra functionality is in effect cheating, they create an imbalance with players that dont do so or dont know how. Some take it a lot further than others though.
By that logic, using macro keyboards is cheating, but things like punkbuster do not remove the ability to set macros or certain UI enhancements. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

There is a particular keybind that i've been using a lot ever since 1.2, and these are the F11 and F12 keys to select all teammates, makes things a lot easier, same with the quick keys to chatteam (') and chatall (:). I've had to re-install newkeys after every full 1.3 install in order to re-activate the keybinds. It's the same with any other 'undocumented functionality', such as hitting 'enter' while holding 'w' to be able to type while moving -- people pick these kinds of things up over time and it is part of a player's own evolution to their improvement of skill and profiency.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Zero Angel wrote:hitting 'enter' while holding 'w' to be able to type while moving
Holy hell.

Just to prove ZA's point; I've always been working around the console or chatbox opening while I'm moving as an inconvenience and never once considered that it could be used as an advantage.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Yeah, I sometimes hit Enter to open chatbox to hold the throttle in place while i use my hands for other things, like eating, or going AFK for a very short time.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

AHadley wrote:
Zero Angel wrote:hitting 'enter' while holding 'w' to be able to type while moving
Holy hell.

Just to prove ZA's point; I've always been working around the console or chatbox opening while I'm moving as an inconvenience and never once considered that it could be used as an advantage.
I usually just double-tap the 'esc' key to quickly get rid of the chatbox or stuck keys.
Regulators
Earn your keep
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Zero Angel wrote:
AHadley wrote:
Holy hell.

I usually just double-tap the 'esc' key to quickly get rid of the chatbox or stuck keys.
It mostly happens when the console pops up with an error while I'm testing solo, so I just cruise around with a free hand instead.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Am I the only one who made use of the command, back when it still worked, to make the AI drive your ship toward whatever T key target you had?
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Was that ai.autopilot? Never knew it worked with the 't' key, but I often thought it would be useful if you had to go afk for a couple of seconds since having a (relatively dumb) AI ship drive the ship around and respond to attacks was better than just sitting there helpless.
Regulators
Earn your keep