Post by General BlackDragon »

He's on 6.5
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by Red Devil »

eye surgery is over and eye is recovering well, so i will get back to this as soon i can.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

glad to hear things went well
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

what i had done before is fuzzy to me now, so i am going through all the previous posts and fixed/modified missions again to find anything i missed and add any fixes for issues reported.

Ambush/scion02 works okay on my end with a builder built by me. going to add more isdf attackers if their scout makes it back to base and make sure the mission fails if their base is destroyed.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Ambush/scion02:

i've got either scout hightailing it back to base well, giving the player a very small window in which to stop it.

if the scout makes it back to its base, its objectification is removed and yelena says the ambush is canceled and the enemy attackers attack the scion base very well now.

the question now is, since the ambush is canceled, should the mission fail after the enemy attackers reach the scion base or should they continue to attack until the scion base is destroyed and then it fails?

seems pointless to continue if you are somehow able to keep repelling the attackers since the ambush and capture of the isdf base is probably not possible.

i could make the mission succeed if you are still able to destroy their power generators, but i'm thinking the whole point of the mission is just to teach how the jammer functions.

btw, the gas bubble in my eye is GONE now 8-)
Abraham Lincoln

jack775544
Thunderbolt

Post by jack775544 »

I'm more of the mission not doing a forced failure if they find you. Having an overwhelming attack killing you off is much cooler IMO.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" - Charles Baudelaire
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

let me know what you think of this:

Ambush Update - 3-3-2016

1. any builder will be able to build jammer and trigger rest of mission
2. moved some path points and adjusted trigger distance for scout to retreat to their base
3. replaced scout with ivscos2.odf for reduced engage range (retreats more often instead of just fighting and getting killed all the time)
4. increased number of isdf attackers if you are detected, but increased time delay.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

working on dark planet again; found a condition that needs fixing.

aside: saw doc for follow-up yesterday and the hole in my eye is now GONE and just have a little residual fluid behind retina causing a little distortion which will go away once fluid is absorbed :-D

if anyone ever needs eye surgery, let me know.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

had an interesting event happen while testing Snow Blind: the scion buildings were all disappearing.

i had fat-fingered the reloading of the AIP to team 2, using team 3 instead, so the bomber off the map on team 3 was being dispatched by the idle dispatcher. :-D

i added DoIdleDispatch = false to that bomber to prevent that in the future.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Ambush/scion02:

i've got either scout hightailing it back to base well, giving the player a very small window in which to stop it.

if the scout makes it back to its base, its objectification is removed and yelena says the ambush is canceled and the enemy attackers attack the scion base very well now.

the question now is, since the ambush is canceled, should the mission fail after the enemy attackers reach the scion base or should they continue to attack until the scion base is destroyed and then it fails?

seems pointless to continue if you are somehow able to keep repelling the attackers since the ambush and capture of the isdf base is probably not possible.

i could make the mission succeed if you are still able to destroy their power generators, but i'm thinking the whole point of the mission is just to teach how the jammer functions.
Logic requires there to be an end to the mission under all circumstances. I would say that the AI is not capable of ensuring a player defeat. So the mission fail needs to occur when the player destroys the isdf base. It already fails if you die or lose your recycler. The logic failure occurs when the player defeats the AI forces but it fails to stop spawning units where its base used to be. It's quite easy to beat it, archers on the hills to distract units, a walking wall of spires and titans down to the base. The AI kindly supplies all the resources you need.

Yes the point of the mission is the jammer ambush...success! anything else fail. Having a big hard battle in the failure state is a bonus for those who were wondering if it was ever going to happen at all. :)
Last edited by MrTwosheds on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

that using latest update from Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:15 pm?
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

No I have not looked at it yet. I'm just trying to get you to fix the problem where it never stops spawning isdf units.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

oh, why didn't you say so; i can do that.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I have been. Wether you succeed at building the jammer or not, destroying the base you were supposed to capture should result in mission failure. It does not do that, if you get detected it just endlessly spawns attackers with or without it's base.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

hmmm, it used to; do you destroy the base before you destroy the pgens?
Abraham Lincoln