BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by Red Devil »

mission success works okay now. i hesitate to add the kiln destruction (on top of the time limit) to whether she is attacked or not. my thought are that she should be attacked regardless of whether or not the kiln is destroyed, as i think was originally intended. or should more time until she is attacked be added? thoughts?

ah, okay, i see your new post; will just increase time limit now. hmmm, how much longer is appropriate?

edit: btw, i like how manson has you under the gun to get to the scion base perimeter along with needing to rescue shabby.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, i updated the zip linked to in the first page again.

+ removed condition of destroying 4 base guardians from win trigger
+ added condition of destroying kiln objective to spawning of sentries attacking shabby and set timer to 5 minutes. that should be enough time to take out spire and turret and sentry guarding shabby.
+ if you kill the turret and sentry guarding shabby after the other sentries spawn, the pilot/pilots will shoot at you, the ruin where shabby is hiding, and at shabby, so be careful. no pressure... ;-p
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

That's better, she stayed alive until I destroyed the base. Then they killed her. Probably best to rescue her before the base goes down then. :)
It's about right, people playing it for the first time will fail right at the end and have to do it again.
You can see a scion patrolling near her on radar for some time before you take the base down, I guess it was that one that topped her immediately after the base fell.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

cool, might be that one; i'll check.might add another minute to the sentry delay. or not :-)
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

nope, that sentry guarding her only attacks if you approach on foot. her health and the ruin's health are both set to 1 right before the sentries attack, too, so any stray shot will end them.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It went like..I attacked the base, as it fell, the voice overs started, they played one after the other without pausing. Well done Major...Shabby dies. There was no time to get to her at all after the base fell. It's ok like that :) Means you got to be smart enough to follow orders and save Shabby too. If you don't kill the base guardians your apc's will probably all get shot down anyway.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

hmmm, thinking at least a short pause in there would be good.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It works. If you take the northerly route, you can order the attack, distract the spire, you dash past while your tanks attack it, kill the turret and the Sentrys, rescue Shabatha, go back to the battle in time for the cut scene.
If you take the other route, or turn up in something slow like a walker, you have to fight through the base and Shabs is probably done for.
A proper heroic rescue in the nick of time. :) Plenty of opportunities for getting it wrong and having to do it again.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

ah, okay then; sounds good. thanks again for testing this! :-)
Abraham Lincoln

coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

Ah sweet, just as I'm getting ready to test ISDF9 with my mod. Thanks for all your work!
Progressor
Thunderbolt

Post by Progressor »

Yes, it works now as expected and even better!

The next question is about The Snow Blind. The player is ordered to build a base, no? But if he just follows the situation, it is not necessary. I build a few turrets, destroy the Scion convoy, place a Nav point near the cave entrance, find the transmitter... and then the bomber magically emerges from nowhere and I'm done. Safe, quick and easy. As I remember, in the original version I HAD to build a base just because of regular Scion attacks.

The suggestions are:
1. Restore regular Scion attacks
2. Player MUST build the bomber bay to win.
3. Scions must regularily attack all the Extractors.

This will bring the interest back to this mission.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

hmm, thought i fixed it to do that now.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It's difficult for us to test it as if we were newbs, I let the convoy through the other day, to see what it would do, it deployed and built some stuff, then I just wacked it with a single rocket tank. Units do regularly come through the cave to get chewed up by the line of turrets I put there because I know I need to.
I'm not quite sure where building a bomber is supposed to come into it or what your supposed to bomb with it.
I have memories of this map and a hardcore battle, unfortunately I think they come from one of TV's mods.

I played ambush last night, it failed to notice my jammer being built and then a scout got back and triggered the traffic jam of rocket tanks. I don't like the way this one works, it makes you quit. I feel that it should either mission fail at some point or allow you the opportunity to succeed still. Trying to destroy you like that is entertaining but fighting it is futile.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Played ambush again, dll failed to respond to the jammer being built, mission could not proceed. Obliterated their base with archers...A scout found our base,
Titan, Archer and spire walked to their base surrounded spawn points and covered their base area in spires. Quit.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, i'll look at them again. ambush is probably building the wrong jammer name, so i'm thinking i may have included the incorrect files :-/
Abraham Lincoln