BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by MrTwosheds »

I ran it in 1.3.6.5 and its a dodo.
Just unzipped to root and loaded from archive.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Yeah, I know 1.3.6.5...I would go into the long and tedious explanation as to why I am stuck on the highly capable but "at risk" xp machine, while the nice and shiny yet mysteriously incapable i5 HP pavillion win 8/8.1/10 +Linux mint gets battered into early retirement by cavemen, but it's really not that interesting. :)
I can uninstall it and try again, but I don't suppose It will make any difference.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

try downloading from that zip again. i just recompiled using vs 2013 and using the current source (doh!) and it worked in 1.3.6.5

the 2013 vcredist_x86.exe isn't in Redist in 1.3.6.5 , but i do have vs 2013 installed, so maybe that affects things.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Works now. I'll test some more later.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Yay!
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Mission completed. Mission failed too. All seems fine.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i have a factory that faces the correct way in bugzilla if someone would like to vet it.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Oh...:)
I think I found the mission not finishing bug on the AAN. If you play as a bunker commander and do not personally approach Braddocks base, you do not get told to "go for the power generators" then when you destroy the base and the hauler the mission does not complete, even if you go there afterwards and trigger the power gen msg. Looks like a linear objective failure.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

picky picky picky :lol:
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Specifically if you destroy the hauler without triggering the "go for the power generators" vo first, the mission does not succeed, you can still destroy the power crystal to fail the mission.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yup, you're supposed to go there yourself - your presence is required. ;)
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Hmm. I have opinions on the ways things should work. I can recall tugging that crystal all round the map trying to get the mission to end once, because Shabs tells you to get a tug out to it, but actually the mission ends after you kill the hauler and Burns spouts some propaganda. Would it be possible to add a second success trigger of getting the power crystal back to your base?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

sure; that would probably make more sense, too.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Reworked Ambush, so give it a whirl:

Ambush Update <== Link updated 12/24/2015

* Switched out old code for newer callbacks so that any builder will trigger the next step when it arrives at the Ambush nav and it will detect Archers better.

* known issue: if you are closer to the Ambush nav than the builder, it won't trigger, so make sure it is the closet when it arrives; will try to get a better solution.
Abraham Lincoln

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Red Devil wrote:* known issue: if you are closer to the Ambush nav than the builder, it won't trigger, so make sure it is the closet when it arrives; will try to get a better solution.
Sounds like GetNearestVehicle to me. Hmm. I tend to actually try to stay away from the generic GetNearest* unless it happens to perfectly fit my needs. Since there's no "GetNearestConstructor", It'll trigger for any ship that's "in the way", as it returns the absolute closest, not "how many are in range".

Ooooo, if you want a quick and simple solution, CountUnitsNearObject() should do the trick, tho u'd have to put down some dummy thing on the path, like a sound cube. It can filter team and odf name though. But it's a bit of a waste to add a whole object to the map just for that. Also CountUnitsNearObject might be a bit more expensive.

When I wanted to fix a "bug" in BZC/BZ1's NSDF03 mission, where only the first tug built could trigger as picking up the relic, I made a dynamic container for all tugs and then looped through it to find any possible tug on team 1 that could have performed the action.

I'd recommend doing the same thing, make a list of all constructors and loop through looking for one to be close enough.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****