BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Zero Angel
Attila

Re: BZ2 SP DLL Fixes

Post by Zero Angel »

Don't make SP any more difficult then it already is. Remember, most people's first introduction to BZ2 is the SP missions. If they are challenging for you, they're probably going to be impossibly difficult for newcomers to the game. Havent played singleplayer in 1.3 but I can imagine it is more difficult now because of the better AI.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

sheesh, some people...

i edited the old scion matriarch vehicle for the Snow Blind mission so that it deployed the correct building so that the AIP's would work.

"This doesn't work!"
*RD fixes it*
"You made it harder!"

:lol:

N1, stop swearing and raging.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Zero Angel wrote:Don't make SP any more difficult then it already is. Remember, most people's first introduction to BZ2 is the SP missions. If they are challenging for you, they're probably going to be impossibly difficult for newcomers to the game. Havent played singleplayer in 1.3 but I can imagine it is more difficult now because of the better AI.
Technically it is exploits. Did the developer think I'd use the 10 seconds while the carrier is dropping through the sky to kill the Matriarch, the thing pretty much all the scripts hinge upon to work? Or did they think I would sit on an elevated ridge on that tug mission mortaring it to death, giving them no victory condition so the tug just sits in their base the whole mission with no more attacks? What I'm saying is killing Matriarch shouldn't be the off switch, and I believe it is a bug. Even if it makes things harder. The issue is when it is dead, the AI team *cannot* win under any circumstance, and *will not* send forces to attack the player if they aren't part of separate clauses.

There needs to be checks on those missions. If !MatIsAlive (conditions) {UseObjectiveCase2, ScionPatrol3, SetAIP matdead, MatIsDead = true} or so on and so forth. The point being there is NOTHING, so they sit and wait for you to win. Not even bz1 had such glaring oversights, even though considering they couldn't build bases.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

:lol: :mrgreen:

Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zero Angel wrote:Don't make SP any more difficult then it already is. Remember, most people's first introduction to BZ2 is the SP missions. If they are challenging for you, they're probably going to be impossibly difficult for newcomers to the game. Havent played singleplayer in 1.3 but I can imagine it is more difficult now because of the better AI.
There are settings ingame that allow you to adjust the difficulty.
The only setting that should be affected is hard, maybe normal to keep it in between te other 2 ... besides, if this is ever going to be included by GSH it will only happen if only bugfixes have been made and the missions arent changed ... afaik.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Red Spot wrote:if this is ever going to be included by GSH it will only happen if only bugfixes have been made and the missions arent changed ...
Corrrect.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

if i added checks like that, people would complain it is harder... :lol:
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Well guess what, if a bug prevented the enemy from shooting you then yes fixing that bug would make it harder. Sometimes that happens.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

it cracks me up that the ones who complain the most are the ones who haven't even bothered to test things and provide the requested feedback. i just love it. :D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:it cracks me up that the ones who complain the most are the ones who haven't even bothered to test things and provide the requested feedback. i just love it. :D
I love the fact that most of the feedback is on things you haven't gone fixing yet making that observation entirely meaningless. Unless of course you already did go and do all these things we are telling you not to do. Which knowing you you did.

Red Devil wrote:sheesh, some people...

i edited the old scion matriarch vehicle for the Snow Blind mission so that it deployed the correct building so that the AIP's would work.

"This doesn't work!"
*RD fixes it*
"You made it harder!"

N1, stop swearing and raging.
The correct chain is:
"This doesn't work!"
*RD fixes it*
"This still doesn't work and now it has other problems!"
*RD makes it spawn furies*

Also, you SHOULD know how considerably rare me "raging" is. Only other time was with Zax on IRC and he really doesn't want to repeat that.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nor does he remember it, so either it was that horrific or that forgettable.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

'tis all sound and fury, signifying...nothing. :D
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Zax wrote:Nor does he remember it, so either it was that horrific or that forgettable.
You make VTOL Dropships and me taking finals.
Sly
Griefer

Post by Sly »

Heh...looks like the modders don't just gang up on outsiders; if they don't have someone to go after, they will begin eating at each other's ankles..I may not agree with Red Devil all the time, but he doesn't deserve this type of abuse....Poor guy.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

You did play FE13, right?