BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by MrTwosheds »

Enemy base captured = mission success. Enemy base destroyed = Mission Failed. (< this does not happen if you don't build the jammer)
That way at least you can avoid the Quit.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

working on Ambush now. made some changes and it recognizes the jammer built near the ambush nav point; just going to tweak it so one built farther away doesn't trigger things.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

What I said above still applies, there is a big logic hole that leaves the player unable to complete the mission and the mission un-failed, it's triggered by a scout getting back before you build the jammer and features a comical attempt by the AI to actually win something for once... :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, try this for starters:

Ambush Update

+ filters out incorrect placement of a Jammer and prints a warning if you do that.
+ looks for a generic Jammer now instead of a specific one.
+ you need to be near the Ambush nav point in order for the mission to proceed (can't be in the ant mound/overseer)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

When are these going to be submitted to 1.3? :)
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

It still failed to respond to the jammer being built at the nav point. I was on location in a warrior.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

When are these going to be submitted to 1.3?
Consider this an extended public vetting of the changes.

-- GSH
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, i'll fix it when i get back in an hour.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

What would be about right, is that if the destroying the power supplies only and entering the base were the win conditions and destroying the recy/factory were the mission fail conditions. And that both of these can still happen even if you fail at the ambush and have to fight off the huge dll spawned assault force, (that was clearly intended to destroy you but actually just provides you with a huge source of loose scrap) :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i think the main point of the mission (aside from capturing the base where the alchemators are) is to train people on using jammers and following orders. i may be using a modified map here, so i'll check after i return from dinner and a movie. snowing here :-)
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Yes, but the issue I'm pointing out is that you cannot always stop the scouts getting back to base, particularly if you are at the ambush point on the other side of the map. In practice 50% or more of my attempts to play this mission end with my having to quit the game and try again. I should not have to quit. I should fail the mission, succeed or die trying.
The only way to end the mission after a scout gets back is to die or quit. I should not end up building 50 spire AI torture devices because there is no end to the mission.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

ah, i gotcha now. i'll fix that. i tend to deploy each guardian at the bottleneck entrances and they kill them. sometimes i build spires there, too, but i'll make sure it fails if the scouts make it back.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Mission failure when a scout makes it back to base will be very annoying as you cannot always stop them, the warning is triggered by them detecting a unit, often a scav picking up the remains of the previous scout. The Mission should remain much like it is, what is wrong is that when a scout does make it back to it's base the only possible exit for the player is death or a quit. Shabby says the ambush is aborted, not the mission. The mission fail/ succeed criteria that exist after building the Jammer also need to be triggered by the scout getting back to base, you don't need the orders about archers etc just the criteria of base destroyed = fail or base capture = success.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

okay, will do.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

making some progress on ambush; mismatch between ambush path point name and name pointed to in dll, etc.

initially spawned builder must be used to build jammer, so i am making that generic.
Abraham Lincoln