Couple issues with single player

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Couple issues with single player

Post by Red Devil »

noticed that the carrier is already on fire in the cut scene in Payback, right before the scion leader's dropship arrive there. :?
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

RD, I believe this version control has been setup to allow anyone to commit changes. If so you can use it to push your changes for public scrutiny and collaboration.
https://github.com/Nielk1/bz2-sp-fixes
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

On Thin Ice - radar should be jammed, it's already too easy to differentiate solid ground from thin ice by texture alone. I might be hallucinating, but I remember enemy forces attacking while I was navigating Recycler thru that space.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

got the 'hole in one' aip's running better; on to the dll.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

On Thin Ice - radar should be jammed, it's already too easy to differentiate solid ground from thin ice by texture alone. I might be hallucinating, but I remember enemy forces attacking while I was navigating Recycler thru that space.
I suspect that dx9 lighting changes made the solid/ice materials easier to tell apart. Also consider that someone not playing 1st time knows the path and does not alert the nearby enemies by scouting it out, until they are near the end.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

MrTwosheds wrote:
I suspect that dx9 lighting changes made the solid/ice materials easier to tell apart. Also consider that someone not playing 1st time knows the path and does not alert the nearby enemies by scouting it out, until they are near the end.
My radar was never jammed no matter how many times I played that mission, and even if it was, it's way easy to tell the ice from the snow... but I wouldn't know much about how Dx9 lighting and such changes it so I'll leave it to the more uhm... "tech-savvy"?
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

The weird lighting would be fixed on that mission if the objects were set to use 'LightingType=1'. I actually suggested that change some time ago to any i76building, to fix the bad lighting/blending on the campaign objects that need to be blended with terrain.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

DarkCobra262 wrote:
MrTwosheds wrote:
I suspect that dx9 lighting changes made the solid/ice materials easier to tell apart.
Also consider that someone not playing 1st time knows the path and does not alert the nearby enemies by scouting it out, until they are near the end.
My radar was never jammed no matter how many times I played that mission, and even if it was, it's way easy to tell the ice from the snow... but I wouldn't know much about how Dx9 lighting and such changes it so I'll leave it to the more uhm... "tech-savvy"?[/quote]

Radar *should be*. As in, since the textures are already bursting out, having even a working radar makes it just "hey let's enjoy the snow" instead of "oh crap space penguins will eat my frozen corpse".
DarkCobra262 wrote:Also consider that someone not playing 1st time knows the path and does not alert the nearby enemies by scouting it out, until they are near the end.
Because above, it was that easy back in '99 :(
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Zero Angel wrote:I actually suggested that change some time ago to any i76building, to fix the bad lighting/blending on the campaign objects that need to be blended with terrain.
GSH has been pretty clear about not touching the SP-campaign.
Asset submission might have more effect than a suggestion.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I actually suggested that change some time ago to any i76building, to fix the bad lighting/blending on the campaign objects that need to be blended with terrain.
It might actually be the lighting though. I suspect that dome lighting is effecting terrain and that map based lighting effects the dome, you can certainly light up a moon with your headlights. It might be that the dome lights don't effect map based objects but do effect the terrain, I don't know for sure.
I think the two lighting systems should exclusively only illuminate their own objects.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

cleaning up isdf16.dll is going well; fixed the lost maulers...

edit: plus lost healers, convoy getting stuck, optimized base and spire building.
Abraham Lincoln

2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Red Devil wrote:cleaning up isdf16.dll is going well; fixed the lost maulers...

edit: plus lost healers, convoy getting stuck, optimized base and spire building.
Just wanted to see if anything is up, and then I see THIS! 8-) :ugeek:

If you have spare time, I believe that most maps with Titans and/or Maulers (perhaps even Assault/Rocket/Atillas) forget their AI.

Last Scion mission, one Titan arrives at start, and then zilch.

Also, the mission when you take Manson's crumbling base into your hands, Maulers run thru that huge lake in the middle. They don't die however, just a weird AI behavior, since non-hovers usually avoid water.

Also, I don't know if this is normal, but unit's generally don't react when attacked from huge ranges, ie Assault tank fire, or any mortar attacks (Archers excluded). Those CC1100 in the last ISDF mission especially, I believe they didn't even react to first person Grenades, unles you are really close enough...

And Thin Ice, when you deploy your Recycler, I'm not sure if aggressive enough AI is, but in the field nearby that's full with Guardians, there are a lot of hovering units just standing randomly.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

2mg wrote:Also, the mission when you take Manson's crumbling base into your hands, Maulers run thru that huge lake in the middle. They don't die however, just a weird AI behavior, since non-hovers usually avoid water.
Walkers have never needed to avoid water.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I think that is a commen mistake where people seem to think that 'non-hover' units avoid water. Which is also why I made the effort of 'gently directing' the AI around lava, since hover units are sometimes inclined to rush over it not to mention walkers .. or tracked units that go so close to the edge that a human could push them in.
2mg
Rattler

Post by 2mg »

Just sayin', I've hadn't a single non-hover go into water on any map, I was astonished! Except when tanks clipped and pushed each other... I really hate their Line of Sight targeting capatibilites :(