New 1.3 IA Maps

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

GreenGuy
Rattler

New 1.3 IA Maps

Post by GreenGuy »

N00b question inc.

Can anyone help me?

I really want to convert all the 1.3 Strategy maps to Instant Action, so they work like the other IA maps, or has this been done? Anyway I need (simple) instructions how to, so I can play any map I like whenever I come to feel like a sad loner. :mrgreen:
Red Devil
Recycler

Re: New 1.3 IA Maps

Post by Red Devil »

i have all the ST maps converted to IA and MPI (counted 157 in all, but some may be dupes of stock maps); just need to move all the additional path points around in the maps and they'll be done.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

Red Devil wrote:i have all the ST maps converted to IA and MPI (counted 157 in all, but some may be dupes of stock maps); just need to move all the additional path points around in the maps and they'll be done.
That's cool, can you pm me or post it here when it gets done?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yes, i will post it so people can test it.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

GreenGuy
Rattler

Post by GreenGuy »

How's progress with those maps Red_Devil?
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

the same; got discouraged a few months ago after posting another FE beta installer that fixed a bunch of SP missions, but i'll pick it up again.
Abraham Lincoln

DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

Red Devil wrote:the same; got discouraged a few months ago after posting another FE beta installer that fixed a bunch of SP missions, but i'll pick it up again.
That's good
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Stop wasting time on your private life .. you ... you ...!!1!!
8-)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

here's a directory listing of the 157 maps so far (probably some current stock ones in there, too) all renamed and re-saved in ascii via the editor.

they all have the needed paths in them (but not placed where they should be), all the dll name and terrain name changes, all the .inf files created and adjusted for IA and MPI, etc.

all i need to do now is manually move the path points in the path editor to a somewhat logical place.

i was going to do them all at once and post them all at once, but i'm just going to do a few at a time and add them to a zip i post, then maybe people can try them and provide feedback.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/987 ... rsions.txt
Abraham Lincoln

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

While I like the idea we should probably pick a few choice maps for 1.3 inclusion proper. A separate pack of all converted is A-OK ofc, but I am concerned about clutter in the base install when you start gamemode spamming the same maps. There is a solution to this of course, allow AI teams to be selected on ST/FFA maps, BZC implemented that solution, but I don't think we could ever do that with stock.
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

I don't see why not. VSR 4.5dev already has the feature half-implemented (everything except adding pathpoints to most of the maps). Teams-off automatically turns MPI mode on. Shouldnt be too much trouble to bolt MPI support onto the ST DLL.

FFA mode is the most tedious to work on as it requires 3 times as many pathpoints as an ST map (which requires 1 (enemy rec), strongly advises 4 (+staging), moderately advises 10 (+starting defense/turret deploy), and ideally uses at least 20 (+gt build locations, additional turret deploys, maybe portal locations, optionally large defenders). This can be really tedious to do when it must be done to 80-100 maps.
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

GSH doesn't like major DLL changes like that.
Ganger132
Drunken Scav

Post by Ganger132 »

Do u make .rar or .zip File with all the maps together for download?

That would be nice.