CommVehicle ViewDist

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: CommVehicle ViewDist

Post by Nielk1 »

Red Devil wrote:what's happening with infinity, space?
If you look at infinity, you see its a project that attempted to use community submitted models, thus, that was *probably* the level of spAce's involvement. Additionally, if you actually Google it, you can find they are looking at kickstarting a deathmatch style game mode where maps are the size of a solar system. Most opinions of the game's prospects are negative now that many possibly better if not equivalent games are being shown off in alpha states.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

I can't even find the Infinity forums anymore. Looking at the models in there was usually a good time.
Silence is banal.
              -IX
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

seems they have morphed; it lives:

https://inovaestudios.com/
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
spAce
Scrap

Post by spAce »

AHadley wrote:Nielk and I were pondering this last night; what is Zephyr's backstory and does it fit in with / branch off from any part of the existing BZ story?
Not sure what it is these days - definitely not connected to BZ universe. Initially it went shorty like this:

1. Year ~2090, American politicians and pentagon get corrupted, USA militirizes 50% of Earth with unmanned AI driven instruments of war in the name of global safety - short after claims ownership of Mars and Moon.
2. War starts between USA anbd China (nobody knows who fired first) - Russians form an alliance with China - American defense AI system decides to attack major cities with ballistic nuclear missiles. Russia and China surrender - USA militirizes more of Earth with AI units.
3. Europeans send men to settle on Titan (in civillian/scientific fashion), American war forces are suprisingly already there and fire European spacecraft down, two survivors manage to stay alive and report back to European officials what has happened (by finding, capturing & hacking an American communications instrument)
4. War starts between USA and Europe, this is where The Great War of Our Solarsystem (Zephyr) starts

So, this is a bit like Terminator storyline that continues to evolve outside Earth
Red Devil wrote:what's happening with infinity, space?
We're doing Infinity: Battlescape now.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Would be cool is ZE had a campaign.

I'm curious, do you have any ideas for how the Chinese, Russians, and American factions would work if they were implemented?

It might be cool to sit down and develop a story and an idea of how the other factions could work. GBD and I could pass on any interesting possibilities that the mission DLL has if you want to try any engine bending ideas (portals, shuttle underslung turrets, cross-unit morphs, dynamic drones).

It sounds like you've got something really rich that could become a very cool universe.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Sounds like a good story, ears perked and listening :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
spAce
Scrap

Post by spAce »

Nielk1 wrote:Would be cool is ZE had a campaign.

I'm curious, do you have any ideas for how the Chinese, Russians, and American factions would work if they were implemented?

It might be cool to sit down and develop a story and an idea of how the other factions could work. GBD and I could pass on any interesting possibilities that the mission DLL has if you want to try any engine bending ideas (portals, shuttle underslung turrets, cross-unit morphs, dynamic drones).

It sounds like you've got something really rich that could become a very cool universe.
I've got some engine bending ideas, yes. Not enough time to go through it now. I could upload a fresh build for you at some point and then we could take a look at "what ifs" with GBD. PM your email if you're interested.

Added another track (#17) to Zephyr OST, a praise to Battlezone, the best game I have ever played:
http://ze.bz2maps.us/?page_id=13
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

spAce wrote:(nobody knows who fired first)
Han Solo fired first
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

jaydenbz2
Thunderbolt

Post by jaydenbz2 »

spAce, loved the Zephyr mod, it was such a graphically pleasing one, the European units and building were a work of art, simplistic yet beautiful, and the work of the worlds in the solar system was very, very well done, much appreciated playing ZE.