p1365 sp mission stopping errors

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

coxxon
Sabre

p1365 sp mission stopping errors

Post by coxxon »

I've played through the SP camp with the 1.3.6.5 patch, and really enjoyed it.
The AI was MUCH more challenging. I actually had to turn down the difficulty level on a mission for the first time ever.
I also LOVE the mixed unit groupings. It's cool to see three or more types of units all attack the same target, and not have to have multiple groups set up for them.
Still haven't gotten a handle on the weapons linking, but maybe it doesn't work in SP?

I did find a couple of PLAY STOPPING ERRORS in the campaign though: (and maybe these are just me, but I thought I'd post them)

Mission 5 - Darkplanet - Shabayev tank will not transfer to the Constructor. Cutscene shows, and the tank bumps into the constructor a couple of times, but never transfers. This also prevents the mission from being able to finish. Fortunately I had an old save and could go through the archive to go on to the next mission.

Mission 12 - Counterattack - UPDATE - Looks like this one was fixed a while back http://matesfamily.org/bz2/BZ2_1.3.6.5_isdf12fixes.zip . Thanks to BlackDragon for pointing that out.

Mission 10 - I'm not sure if this is an error, but once the Scion Matriarch delpoys, it also deploys scavengers, but never builds any sort of base and launches attacks - making it way too easy to take down. I was thinking that in early versions of the game it at least built a factory and some defensive units.

Also there were some miscellaneous text/writing errors. Stasis truck is misspelled Stassis - one too many s's in the middle. There are references to Bane in the mission fail debrief for missions that took place on other planets, such as Rend. The term universe is used, when really at most it should just be galaxy. : ) Though that's more of a pet-peeve for the sci-fi geek in me.

Still, the patch has been great. Many thanks to GSH and those of you involved in it!
Last edited by coxxon on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: p1365 sp mission stopping errors

Post by General BlackDragon »

Mission 12 crash fix: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2271
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The missions are a cavalcade of horrors.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

Weapon linking works in single player.

To use it, hold shift then press the right mouse button. Fire if you want to enable a hardpoint.
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

The SP missions will probably need a big rebuild in order to work properly in the newer 1.3 patches. 1.3 is mostly about multi-player and mods. It would probably require work on the scale of an entire mod to fix the SP missions.
"You think that you can wipe out an entire civilisation without consequences?" - Rachel

http://www.moddb.com/mods/qf2-essence-to-a-thief
https://www.indiedb.com/games/husky-ashcon-i/
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

This is a case of bugs that have been documented but nobody's ever bothered to fix - we do have access to the script source, after all, so any C++ programmer could start repairing things.

EDIT: Does this mean you're sticking around, Coxxon? :)
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Yes, does this mean you're sticking around? please :)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

AHadley wrote:This is a case of bugs that have been documented but nobody's ever bothered to fix - we do have access to the script source, after all, so any C++ programmer could start repairing things.

EDIT: Does this mean you're sticking around, Coxxon? :)
there's a sticky in this forum that supplies fixes for some of the SP missions. i think i may need to update that zip with some possibly missing files i just saw in Bugzilla.

i have also uploaded some to Bugzilla:

Not adopted yet: #344/Scion05/unlikely rescue, #345/isdf09/Rumble in the Jungle, #347/isdf11/Snow Blind

Included in 1.3.6.5: #704/isdf16/Hole In One, #748/isdf14/Fanning the Fire (typo in AIP)

dork planet still needs the crig team fix.

i asked Coxxon to fix anything he finds while i work on the rest of the FE missions.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
coxxon
Sabre

Post by coxxon »

I hope to be here a bit more often.
On fixes, I'm willing but not able for some stuff. I'm not a coder so I don't know what I could do for the dlls (- without taking a lot of time to figure them out). Plus I'm kind of super busy so I don't know if I'll be able to get to fixes. Its just a matter of finding the time.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

roger that. i'll go ahead and tweak the dark planet mission/dll then. i also have a fix for scion06/'the aan' backwards factory i uploaded to bugzilla awhile back which was neglected.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

coxxon wrote:I hope to be here a bit more often.
On fixes, I'm willing but not able for some stuff. I'm not a coder so I don't know what I could do for the dlls (- without taking a lot of time to figure them out). Plus I'm kind of super busy so I don't know if I'll be able to get to fixes. Its just a matter of finding the time.
The mission scripts aren't the best written. Sometimes people fix them in ways that are pretty bad though, so god knows what you might find.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Red Devil wrote:there's a sticky in this forum that supplies fixes for some of the SP missions. i think i may need to update that zip with some possibly missing files i just saw in Bugzilla.
I had completely forgotten you were working on that, I do apologise. Do you release your source code? If so then when I find the time I'll dig through it and cross-reference with the originals, see if I can see anything.

My single-player test thread is lying around somewhere, it was a few versions ago but I think it's still pretty comprehensive. It should make a good reference. Some of the fixes are simply re-saving the BZNs in the new format, which is a bit of a menial task; if you want I can save you some time and do it over here then upload it to you.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

thanks; i saved them all in ascii awhile back if only to make searching for path points and objects easier.
Abraham Lincoln

Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Is that a "yes" thanks or a "no" thanks?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Code: Select all

inline Life_API bool Thanks(bool positive = true) { return positive; }
"Thanks" generally defaults to a positive thing.