Akky's Mod Thread

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Re: Zeno's Modpost

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Try this direct download link instead, Apollo.

http://bhbz.org/0/mods/dropbeta_full.zip
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Thanks hitch, it's just what i thought, and Zax hit his head too hard as he knows very well he started in 3ds max, the animation was done in 3ds max and he never did the process to get it in the game therefore he doesn't know all the steps involved.
Goomba
Drunken Scav

Post by Goomba »

Listen, things we are mentioning is getting ANIMATED vehicles in Battlezone 1, imagine stuff like the walker/turret/anything else. When you export models from 3ds max to geo you will kill animations, so there is no way for us to do it easily (yes, EVERYTHING can be done in notepad, I know ;)). Activision probably had a vdf export for 3ds max that precieved all 3ds max object tables and animations and automaticly created appropiate geos, I dont think its under any strict laws because the geo export is freely available on the internet as well.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

The 3ds max export to geo is not what you want to do. Those tools are good to import to max, they was never so good for editing. Any serious project can get help.
Last edited by Apollo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Apollo wrote:The 3ds max export to geo it not what you want to do. Those tools are good to import to max, they was never so good for editing. Any serious project can get help.
So you admit you are DX I figured. Your "was" gave it away.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Zax wrote:
Apollo wrote:The 3ds max export to geo it not what you want to do. Those tools are good to import to max, they was never so good for editing. Any serious project can get help.
So you admit you are DX I figured. Your "was" gave it away.
So you admit you are BB1 I figured. Your being wrong gave it away.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

can someone explain to me what's going on?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

I don't know, but it's DX and he hates me for some reason that I forgot to time.

He taught me everything I know about 3DS and I owe any knowledge in it to him and I am extremely grateful for that.

As an aside, I've let people know I've changed my name for a while...it is in the inf of the files in that link, the name of all the stuff is bb (lol) so I wasn't really trying to hide anything tbh.

In any case before this thread spins off into oblivion, the guy above is the guy you want to talk to for bz1 animation exportation into VDF. Have fun.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Zax wrote:I don't know, but it's DX and he hates me for some reason that I forgot to time.
Wrong again bb1, i don't hate anyone, can't i have a little fun with ya. Be a sport. 8-)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Well if he isn't dx (which I find hard to believe thanks to that was use which he is famous for misusing :) ) then I definitely was wrong, making him useless to anybody.
Edit: as another aside, I remember why dx hates me again ;) Stuff that goes back 4 years or longer, sheesh I was lil back then.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Zax wrote:In any case before this thread spins off into oblivion, the guy above is the guy you want to talk to for bz1 animation exportation into VDF. Have fun.
Right. Anyways, Zeno has stuff to do at the moment. It'll be a long while before animations are even needed... what with modeling buildings and other stuff.
Josiah wrote:can someone explain to me what's going on?
Plot twists, magic cats... mad scientists and nuclear plans for world domination.
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Zenophas wrote:...
Plot twists, magic cats... mad scientists and nuclear plans for world domination.
just what I like!
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Zenophas wrote:
Zax wrote:In any case before this thread spins off into oblivion, the guy above is the guy you want to talk to for bz1 animation exportation into VDF. Have fun.
Right. Anyways, Zeno has stuff to do at the moment. It'll be a long while before animations are even needed... what with modeling buildings and other stuff.
Josiah wrote:can someone explain to me what's going on?
This is battlezone we are still talking, right???
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Zax wrote:This is battlezone we are still talking, right???
If you want it to be. Though, this goofiness is giving Zeno ideas.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Apollo wrote: i haven't saw what's on your forum cause it requires joining.

There is a register button.