BZe/1.5

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Re: BZe/1.5

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Ultraken wrote:I also recall the lack of smooth movement and the physics in Battlezone 2 being a big turn-off when the first public build of that was released. (I don't recall if it was the demo or some kind of public beta; I just remember the intensely negative response from the Battlezone player base.)
My dislike for BZ2 was primarily subjective. I never did think anything was substantially 'broken' with the original BZ2, so I rarely commented about the game back then. And I have no experience with the current crop of mods.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

General BlackDragon wrote:scavs go to silo if it's closer :D

apc's go to barracks if thats closer. I think pilots should too.
So if a scavy is shot it runs to a silo now? It would make more sense to goto a hangar for a little repair then continue gathering scrap.

APC's reload soldiers, not pilots, so going to Barracks is not better then going to the recycler, infact it would change game play. You can make a barracks close to the enemy base and quickly reload and overwhelm a base with soldiers.

Ofc. to do the cafe you would probably need submenus.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:
And I have no experience with the current crop of mods.
Completely different game.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

As far as I know, Scavengers have no apparent fear of death and don't even react when shot let alone flee an attacker. They went the closest Silo only because they collected a full load of scrap and were going there to drop it off. Aside from that they're pretty much oblivious to everything. (They only avoid Turrets, Gun Towers, and Proximity Mines because the pathing system routes units around static hazards. If there's a piece of scrap in the hazard zone, all bets are off.)

APCs have reloaded at the closest Recycler or Barracks since at least 1.3.1. The code got moved around but the behavior is the same. (It doesn't measure path distance like some other units do so they don't always choose the smartest destination.)
Trinity
Scrap

Post by Trinity »

I see little has changed with the BZ community. Perhaps it is fitting that those that have vested so much in the game are the architects of its demise.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Trinity wrote:I see little has changed with the BZ community. Perhaps it is fitting that those that have vested so much in the game are the architects of its demise.
An online game as old as teenagers past puberty has to come to a close sometime. . .

I'm sure every ancient game has its share of heroes, charlatans and mischief makers.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Trinity wrote:I see little has changed with the BZ community. Perhaps it is fitting that those that have vested so much in the game are the architects of its demise.
Kind of a big paint brush there, anything specific you're refering to?
I'm sure all online games have their share of problems.
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

I remember the name Trinity very lightly...who were you and what did you do? I swear I've seen that name.
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

If I recall correctly, Trinity was more of DM magger, or at least primarily a tank guy.
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

I just remember Trinity coming here stating that he/she knew a large interested playerbase, quite a while ago. I think that was before the whole spray paint incident.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

There's been several who were going to steer a fictitious herd to BZ or BZE. Heard it several times.

I think spock may have the record for stating he had, "hundreds" playing on his server.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

At one point he said 1000 players.
Guess how many of the 1869 forum members are mannequins... yesterday i saw the visitor count on his forum in the past 24 hours drop from 43 to 9, atm i post this, it says 10 and 4 of those are bots.
Should be obvious to Spock by now that faking the numbers won't help on the forum or in the game.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Sure me and others at BZE have done it for a laugh, but not as an ongoing long-term practice.

His lobby, and ostensibly, his forum, remind me of the old woman with all the bobble-head dolls in the back window. ;)
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Ooo bobble-head dolls, i'm thinking of a Bz1 Community picture for Bz1.org. lol
The Spork head will look a little pointy.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Looks like neither side is happy, which pretty much shows Ken is not only trying to be impartial but succeeding at it.

You guys fight over such stupid little things. So BzE is a mod, it's fun. So BZ 1.5 lacks custom content, its still close to the original. Play whatever the hell you like and stop trying to influence what others play other then letting them experience both. The lies are useless and do nothing but to hurt both your sides. Frankly if neither of you two sides ran the game matching server used by all versions things would probably be way better.