New guy here, how do I utilize new patches?

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Riggs
Scrap

New guy here, how do I utilize new patches?

Post by Riggs »

So Battlezone is a game my cousin had back when I was 12 and was clueless about PC gaming. I got to borrow it years later but only made it a few missions into the campaign. Eventhough I've never finished, its always been a game I've really loved. So I got the itch again to find a version to install again, found a '1.5' download and got it. My question is, how do I install newer patches here? Most of this forum seems well versed in the mod community and tinkering with game files. I'm not. I'm used to just installing a game with Steam and having it work- though I have installed texture packs for Skyrim (though they have an installer that does everything for you) and have installed addons for World of Warcraft.

Are installing patches here any more involved? Im bright enough to find an installation folder and click and drag or copy and paste but as far as troubleshooting- I would hope these just simply work. Do I have to install all previous patches or can I simply find the latest version and use that? Is there a stable one that has 80-90% of what the other patches have that is very user friendly someone could link me to?

Thanks for any help.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: New guy here, how do I utilize new patches?

Post by General BlackDragon »

Just the latest patch is needed to install. There are "common files" linked to somewhere by ken, the most update version of those and the latest patch exe from ken and you should be set to go.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Riggs
Scrap

Post by Riggs »

General BlackDragon wrote:Just the latest patch is needed to install. There are "common files" linked to somewhere by ken, the most update version of those and the latest patch exe from ken and you should be set to go.

Thanks. Are the patch.exe files typically linked in the patches forum? I don't think I've seen any though I've only quickly browsed.
Riggs
Scrap

Post by Riggs »

I downloaded the rar files from this patch thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1299 though it isn't the latest patch. I'm clueless on how to implement the files.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

latest patch is here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1463
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA