Grizzly Ammo Question

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

BabyOfficer
Scrap

Grizzly Ammo Question

Post by BabyOfficer »

Does anyone know why the Grizzly that you get when you start any level in the campaign always has less ammo than the ones the MUF builds? Is this something that can be fixed?
Apollo
Sabre

Re: Grizzly Ammo Question

Post by Apollo »

You're refering to Bz 1.4 or 1.5 mod?
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The author of 1.5 has the ability and right to call 1.5 a patch. I recommend you show some deference to those doing actual work rather than trying to appropriate and control the work of others.

-- GSH
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

1.4 or 1.5 doesn't matter. The BZN has the saved player.odf as having MaxAmmo = 1000. Likely, the campaign was made at a time when player.odf had that ODF setting, hence it was saved with the .bzn files. The ODF was likely modified later, and later loads don't refresh the saved health/ammo settings. Some missions you also start with less then full health/ammo, probably from the developers running around goofing off on the maps :P

PS: 1.5 is a patch.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

It's not just the grizzly that is different, you'll find that some missions with the CCA will also be different. I'm not sure if these variants do things such as swap ammo for more hull or speed, and I really don't have access to the odf's to be sure.

Also, I think it's very rude to bring this mod/patch debate in a thread that didn't warrant it.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The answer is simple enough; balance.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
BabyOfficer
Scrap

Post by BabyOfficer »

AHadley wrote:The answer is simple enough; balance.
It always struck me as more of an error. All I do is swap out my tank for a new one first tank I build, which makes it a bit of a pointless balance adjustment if it was intentional.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

It wasn't intentional, they just didn't go reloading the player's ship when they changed the ODF, most likely.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

The General is right, you often see the player's tank in the original campaign with a bit less ammo, even in a couple of early IA maps it is like that, and it is because they changed the tank odf but did not redo the bzn file to go with it. You will also notice that pilots will eject from blown up CCA gun towers sometimes in the SP campaign, this has to be another side effect of earlier version bzn files. I don't know for sure, but am guessing that the changeover in ammo capacity came with 1.31 - all you can really do is switch tanks, and remember to do it before you grab those dual SP-Stabbers. :D
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

It's less ammo? Interesting, I had always assumed it was more... guess it would likely be an oversight, then.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

I think Spork will handle the odf/bzn changes to fix these issues for the next asset update, perhapes we can get some other updates done at the same time that are needed.

Although if the contents of my last post troubles the admin so greatly that he has to make PM threats to me and try to tell me what words i can or can't say here, you have a personal problem, leave me out of it. If you can't do that then delete my account here, i don't need your little dictator att., there has been enough Spocks around for one lifetime.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002
BabyOfficer
Scrap

Post by BabyOfficer »

Apollo wrote:I think Spork will handle the odf/bzn changes to fix these issues for the next asset update, perhapes we can get some other updates done at the same time that are needed.

Although if the contents of my last post troubles the admin so greatly that he has to make PM threats to me and try to tell me what words i can or can't say here, you have a personal problem, leave me out of it. If you can't do that then delete my account here, i don't need your little dictator att., there has been enough Spocks around for one lifetime.
Another one I noticed in the campaign is that the NSDF Rocket Tank uses the Light Tank audio messages.
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

BabyOfficer wrote:
Apollo wrote:I think Spork will handle the odf/bzn changes to fix these issues for the next asset update, perhapes we can get some other updates done at the same time that are needed.

Another one I noticed in the campaign is that the NSDF Rocket Tank uses the Light Tank audio messages.
You mean the CCA? I've never seen the NSDF tanks do that but the CCA had a few audio quirks with them. I remember once when the file for the rocket tank actually loaded correctly, it was pretty cool until it broke 30seconds later. :/
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apollo wrote:Although if the contents of my last post troubles the admin so greatly that he has to make PM threats to me and try to tell me what words i can or can't say here, you have a personal problem, leave me out of it. If you can't do that then delete my account here, i don't need your little dictator att., there has been enough Spocks around for one lifetime.
This site is private property and as such the site owner can demand whatever of you, and your only right is to leave. In this case, he simply demands that you stop being petty, but that isn't going to happen is it?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

BabyOfficer wrote:

You think that's something, there are a bunch of ISDF vehicles that are *convinced* they're Wolverines.