Old Battlezone 1 maps

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

ssuser
Rattler

Old Battlezone 1 maps

Post by ssuser »

Been looking around for old Battlezone IA maps, one I am really interested in getting my hands on is Rebel Command (rebelcom.zip) by MegaMan, by any chance do any of you have this lying around on an old Win9x hard drive somewhere? This is a really old map, 1999 or thereabouts.

I've been trying to build up a master archive of BZ1 IA maps, got a pretty complete list so far, though there are some missing.
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Old Battlezone 1 maps

Post by Ded10c »

Side question, does anyone happen to have part___1? I can't find a working copy anywhere.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

partone was the first version of this done by slingshot. Part___1 was the version put on the battlegrounds cd, and it is broken. No TRN file on the CD. I have a version I fixed, I'll dig it out and send it to you when I can (give me a valid email in a pm). I have just redone a big master map list and compiled a large and very complete IA map archive, including some fixes for many broken maps from the old days. Maybe I can get this to someone, if the whole archive was on say bzscrap.org that would be an excellent resource.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

ssuser wrote:partone was the first version of this done by slingshot. Part___1 was the version put on the battlegrounds cd, and it is broken. No TRN file on the CD. I have a version I fixed, I'll dig it out and send it to you when I can (give me a valid email in a pm). I have just redone a big master map list and compiled a large and very complete IA map archive, including some fixes for many broken maps from the old days. Maybe I can get this to someone, if the whole archive was on say bzscrap.org that would be an excellent resource.
Thanks, I'm in the middle of creating a new version of the BZGrounds installer and that map is one of the last things I need.

EDIT: I'm also thinking of creating a download site with full descriptions, screenshots, and a comments feature, probably using something like the mediawiki framework, but I have nowhere to do it and nobody to do it with. It's way back on my list though, behind all my mods, programs, and the already-existing BZWikia.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
ssuser
Rattler

Post by ssuser »

hitchcockgreen should have a link to my html list up soon, this would be a good html page for your description list, you are free to dl and use it, and make changes as you see fit, if they are documented in the start text. The html list is a black and green page with tables, descriptions, ratings, and a minimap screenshot for each level (mods too), so it is quite a useful resource.

pm me an email addy and I can send you Part__1 and this html stuff directly, though it maybe after Xmas.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Avatar (the elder who walks about with a nuke-tipped cane) would probably have rebelcom. he's a self-proclaimed pack rat and saved/saves everything to CD.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA