Joystick use with Windows 7

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Joystick use with Windows 7

Post by Ded10c »

Why does everybody assume that people don't play if they don't happen to see them in their server?

Regardless, I didn't play BZ with it anyway. Not accurate enough and not enough buttons. (And frankly, compatibility with a game as ancient as BZ is a bonus rather than something I'd expect from modern hardware.)
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

AHadley wrote:Why does everybody assume that people don't play if they don't happen to see them in their server?

Regardless, I didn't play BZ with it anyway. Not accurate enough and not enough buttons. (And frankly, compatibility with a game as ancient as BZ is a bonus rather than something I'd expect from modern hardware.)

You shouldn't assume.

I'm simply stating that the narrow fire button causes your finger to hurt if you play a lot.
I'm sure if someone played twice a week they wouldn't have an issue.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Not sure what you mean, I'm not assuming anything. I used it extensively and it simply didn't make my fingers hurt; I assure you, I played with it far more than once or twice a week.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
HughManatee
Drunken Scav

Post by HughManatee »

Apollo wrote:Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is not a good stick, after a short time it locks up during dogfights in Battlezone.
Also the fire button is poorly designed (will make your finger hurt after a while), unlike the old sidewinder joystick.

I don't have any trouble with that joystick from an ergonomics perspective and I've played sometimes for several hours at a time (and I've got arthritis).

The things I don't like about it are:

1: Durability. They last me about 6 months +/- 2 months before the contacts start failing, usually the trigger.
2: Years ago, I had a couple of different joysticks that you could turn off the spring centering feature (made by Gravis, I think). I played better with that feature off. I seem to have to constantly fight the centering when moving the tank for strafe as the nose raises or dips depending on whether you're going forward or backward, as such I miss a lot.
3: It's almost impossible to snipe with a joystick, especially jump-snipe. That's a general problem with all joysticks, I believe.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Durability for me they last 2 weeks to a month till it starts to freeze up in dogfights. (It still works but it's no longer relieable)

Sniping is easy enough, what i do is sweep past the dot and try to get the fire timing right, once you get on to it you get better though not as good as a laser mouse. Jump snipe i would still use a kb.
Activision anet servers for all legacy anet games: Anet Servers
BattleZone Club (Supporting BattleZone 1.4, The Red Odyssey, BattleZone Enhanced, BattleZone 1.5 and Bionite)
BattleZone 1 Community Since 2002