Battlezone: Insurrection (Unofficial Expansion Pack)

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Re: Battlezone: Insurrection - Announcement

Post by General BlackDragon »

geometrical?
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I think he means a map that's not random and has a rough pattern to it. Not sure, not used the program.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

you can always take the height map in photoshop and quad it to make it even / symmetrical.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

General BlackDragon wrote:you can always take the height map in photoshop and quad it to make it even / symmetrical.
Yeah, I ended up doing that for the more "arena" and Core-like maps.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Core, you say?
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

It's been far too long since I've kept the community updated on Insurrection's status, and with the Demo's upcoming release, it's about time to do something. :) I am in need of official testers for maps, missions, and scripts that will be featured in the Demo- this post serves as a recap of the content and a call to those who can test diligently.

The Demo will include two singleplayer missions; the Nasty Surprise remake I announced last month, as well as another that will tie-in to Insurrection's primary story. Also included in the Demo are about ten maps (DM, ST, MPI, KOTHST), all of which rely on one or more Lua scripts. (If you're wondering what "KOTHST" is, continue reading)

First and foremost, the missions need dynamic playthroughs. These missions are designed to be dynamic, challenging, and replayable. All testers will be provided with pseudo-script along with the missions themselves so they can test as many possible events. Details on how they will play can be read earlier in this topic, and the one linked above.

If you are wondering what the "KOTHST" is in the list above, this is a new multiplayer gametype: Control Point. Control Point is essentially King of the Hill Strategy; the objective being to control the "point" for a duration of time, which is done by becoming the dominant force within a certain distance from the point. Control Point will be featured on alternate versions of The Compass, Moon, and Paranoia. More information about the gametype will be given to testers, and a separate topic which will be made later.

The most important bits that need to be tested are all standardized maps, which are DM, ST, and MPI. This is because they feature custom commands and content that need more testing. All DM maps offer a TDM-assistant, customizable bots, and gamemodes (such as stock-only). ST maps feature resource boosts/handicaps, Invulnerability (no damage can be given for the first 10 minutes or so), and Recycler Variants, which are on-demand styles of playing that can be explained later. Finally, all MPI maps allow hosts to pick the AI faction and difficulty, as well as in-game messages that appear as if the AI were chatting.

If you are interested in testing, please PM me and I will get back to you. A big thank you to those who have helped since the Demo's inception, you know who you are. ;) This will be fun, and could lead BZ towards a new direction.
blue banana
Sabre

Re: Battlezone: Insurrection (Unofficial Expansion Pack)

Post by blue banana »

It's been a while since I updated this. Instead of going over 6 months of updates in detail, I'll redirect the discussion here to the BZ1 Forums. This is where I shall make updates more often and in more depth, however I may occasionally update this topic every so often, given there's enough support here on this site. If you're interested in contributing, testing, or commenting, please go to the link and do the discussing there. :)

http://www.battlezone1.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=4212

Now, onto the bigger updates:

I've updated the first post in this topic. It shows what Insurrection will include in a nutshell. :)

The secondary campaign, A Traitor's Fate, has been completed and is ready for the Insurrection Alpha, which will begin in December. The campaign depicts the events of a rogue NSDF army and a Lieutenant's involvement in combatting it.

We've also begun making the Renegade (Army for Reforming the Cosmo Colonists, ARCC) units. ARCC units are faster and more mobile than their enemy counterparts, however they have lower hull and ammo. Here is the ARCC Tank:

Finally, Insurrection will include a brand spanking-new world, Callisto. Here's its unofficial loading image, showcasing the red theme Insurrection will have.

We hope all will contribute to this project in any way. We've already gone a long way, and it'll be a huge release! :D Again, if you're willing to contribute or stay up-to-date on Insurrection's progress, please go to the first link in this post!

Then again, I may be asking too much from a BZ2-based community. Perhaps it'd be best to leave updates and releases with where they should be- not here.