Main Battlezone 1 Community

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Main Battlezone 1 Community

Post by Nielk1 »

I would argue that the topic title is misleading as there is no main BZ1 community. The fragmentation between the two main halves is so severe neither can be considered the primary in any regard.
SkyNET
Drunken Constructor

Post by SkyNET »

When 2 tribes go to war

a point is all that you can score
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

He won't be back...lock or del this thread...
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

Are you all going to bicker all day or play some BZ? :mrgreen:
Zax wrote:He won't be back...lock or del this thread...
You would like that wouldn't you? Every thread that you don't like should be locked for no reason whatsoever.
Nielk1 wrote:I would argue that the topic title is misleading as there is no main BZ1 community. The fragmentation between the two main halves is so severe neither can be considered the primary in any regard.
I would argue that the topic title is perfect since there is no other site for BZ that offers the game in all 6 languages, has maps and extras and everything else, and because the battlezone1.net server is the only server with players on it. I don't see a fragmented community, I see BZ players having a good time and you just being sour. Life is too short for that. 8-)
Josiah wrote:actually, I believe it's a custom installer, and it'll cause MVM, so it doesn't need the servers.dat, as they won't be able to play anywhere else.
Battlezone 1998 contains Battlezone 1.4 and Red Odyssey 1.3. The 1.5b installer contains BZ 1.4 + updates for running 1.5.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

you really are the perfect bz1 advertiser arent you sporkinator?
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

blue banana wrote:you really are the perfect bz1 advertiser arent you sporkinator?
Well, what can I say? It's my favorite game. When I see Josiah claiming that the installers give mismatch, I have to correct him, because he is wrong. If he got mismatch, that means he has a mod installed or he needs to get the latest 1.5.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Sporkinator wrote:
Nielk1 wrote:I would argue that the topic title is misleading as there is no main BZ1 community. The fragmentation between the two main halves is so severe neither can be considered the primary in any regard.
I would argue that the topic title is perfect since there is no other site for BZ that offers the game in all 6 languages, has maps and extras and everything else, and because the battlezone1.net server is the only server with players on it. I don't see a fragmented community, I see BZ players having a good time and you just being sour. Life is too short for that. 8-)
It's just too bad that if you do anything that Spock doesn't like, you can't play anymore. I'd rather play on a server where you don't get banned for saying that you don't like someone.

Also, I'd like some freedom in what is in my install. I don't want someone choosing that for me.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Sporkinator wrote:
blue banana wrote:you really are the perfect bz1 advertiser arent you sporkinator?
Well, what can I say? It's my favorite game. When I see Josiah claiming that the installers give mismatch, I have to correct him, because he is wrong. If he got mismatch, that means he has a mod installed or he needs to get the latest 1.5.
What would you say if I told you I've seen Nielk1, VSMIT, and one of my old usernames sitting in the lobby of bz1, when 2 of them have not touched BZ1 in who knows and the other is banned off the server?
Eddy
Rattler

Post by Eddy »

That's all part of the "BZ1 experience". Many of the folks who are banned show up in the as lobby potatoes afterwards...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Well that's darn odd. The only way I've played BZ1 in the past 2 years is SP and IPX.
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

boy does spork make it sound like it's all bunnies and chocolate!
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Also nicely sidestepping the fact that this installer will give you one server and one server alone.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

Is it really a problem that you can't see the two empty unmoderated servers? Just paste in your desired servers.dat. It's not like it will really make a difference. Players like the idea of a server where the hackers aren't allowed to ruin games like they did in the old days. ;)
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Aren't you one of those hackers Sporkinator?

In the old days, Activision didn't tell people to obey them or they would be banned.

And what is the point in making an installer showing one server if there is three servers, are you that messed up in the head that you have to control people or else?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Apollo wrote:are you that messed up in the head that you have to control people or else?
Yes, a certain someone is...