Main Battlezone 1 Community

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Main Battlezone 1 Community

Post by Ded10c »

Yes, why remove two from the list entirely, and not announce it on the forum? Surely it's better to give people the choice - especially so they have somewhere to go if they get banned from yours?

Also, I have Battlegrounds in my install. I used Dx's installer to do it, as when I used yours it plain refused to work.

I have used both installers, by the way, and once the servers.dat is removed, technically, it works fine. My only problems with it are ethical. Dx's, on the other hand, is slightly more complex, but has more features (Battlegrounds :P) and I don't have any ethical problems with it at all.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Can't beat the maps that come with 1.4L. Call them "silly" all day long if you want, but there are classics in there.

Edit: I suggested to lock this thread because it is pure bait. You will go back to whence you came saying how you tried to "reach out" or extend a hand to this place but were rejected and hated and that this is just a board for "dummies"

Remember that little project I did on bz1.net? I know a little about how you guys tick ;)
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Sporkinator wrote:Battlezone 1998 contains Battlezone 1.4 and Red Odyssey 1.3. The 1.5b installer contains BZ 1.4 + updates for running 1.5.
that exact installer has much more:

gay daemon that screws up your computer
no music at all
lagged out games even in SINGLEPLAYER
1 server mp
pirated material. is it just me or does the forum rules say no pirated material. you can say all you want its the official site, but it's fan made... for crying out loud people. even this forum is partly fan made.
for some computers the game doesnt even run

im just pointing out that if this keeps up, the few players will be the last in bz1. stop this absurd crap before nobody notices it.

EDIT: i almost forgot to mention that bz1 is taking maps from bz2. they dont go well. bz1 maps stay in bz1, and bz2 maps stay in bz2. IT IS DEFEATING THE PURPOSE OF STRATEGY, YOU DON'T PUT YOUR RECYCLER AT THE MIDDLE OF THE MAP...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

I am in favor of trading maps between games btw...

And the full game download is illegal.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

blue banana wrote:-snip-
1. Daemon tools works fine for me. The problem may well be the way you're using it.
2. That's why the disk image is there too. If you want to hear the music, stop doing it illegally and get BZ on a CD.
3. -
4. -
5. -
6. Stock BZ doesn't run on some people's computers.

Also, I have yet to see a BZ2 map put into BZ1. Show me one and I will believe you, but for now I would say that it is more likely that these maps (like Blast Chamber) made their first appearance in BZ1.
Eddy
Rattler

Post by Eddy »

Some BZ2 elements have made their way into BZ1 custom maps. I haven't played custom BZ2 maps but I'm sure folks could and have used BZ1 elements. They are both BZ after all.

Eddy
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

AHadley wrote:
blue banana wrote:-snip-
1. Daemon tools works fine for me. The problem may well be the way you're using it.
2. That's why the disk image is there too. If you want to hear the music, stop doing it illegally and get BZ on a CD.
3. -
4. -
5. -
6. Stock BZ doesn't run on some people's computers.

Also, I have yet to see a BZ2 map put into BZ1. Show me one and I will believe you, but for now I would say that it is more likely that these maps (like Blast Chamber) made their first appearance in BZ1.
Highland Siege is one off the top of my head.

But BB ROFL At lags out in single player! That's hilarity.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

You crack me up blue banana. :lol:
blue banana wrote:gay daemon that screws up your computer
Daemon Tools doesn't screw up anything, though it requires a reboot during installation to run properly.
blue banana wrote:no music at all
You forgot to put your BZ CD in.
blue banana wrote:lagged out games even in SINGLEPLAYER
Get more RAM? (512 MB is more than enough) Get a faster processor? (Mine's 1.66 GHz dual core)
blue banana wrote:1 server mp
The BZ Community is too small for multiple servers, so might as well stick to the one server that bans those who hack.
blue banana wrote:pirated material. is it just me or does the forum rules say no pirated material. you can say all you want its the official site, but it's fan made... for crying out loud people. even this forum is partly fan made.
I never said battlezone1.net was official. There's no official site because Activision ditched BZ. You want to discuss pirated material? How about Dx compiling unofficial versions of BZ with the source code? Really, it's kind of a moot point.
blue banana wrote:for some computers the game doesnt even run
Which is why Ken Miller is making a patch.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Sporkinator wrote:The BZ Community is too small for multiple servers, so might as well stick to the one server that bans those who hack.
Once again, people need to learn what hacking means before they start throwing words around. You are talking about exploiting, not hacking, not cracking.

The server should not need to ban people; if people object to being in a game with somebody, just ban them from your games. Firewall them if you have to. If a server does begin to ban people, then there should always be somewhere else to go - otherwise, one or two people essentially have control over the entire game, and can choose who plays.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Actually, most BZ1 cheating is memory address modification, which can be called hacking.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Sounds to me you all use prirated materials, including the files i see on bz1.net and on this forum. Unless all of you can say you paid for the rights to the game, yeah, that's likely. ;)

I see a lot of talk about servers, i understand the server code was open sourced so many servers are online and one group or clan at bz1.net or org which ever it is, wants to dominate the game and servers, i can understand that, many games online have their own clan server and special set of rules that go with it but why go out of your way to make dumb threads to promote your clan "WE are the MAIN community" sounds like kids in a playground fighting over the ball, grow up!

It's no wonder there is hardly any players in the game with a bunch of asshats in it. Learn to get along and not be a dividing force.
Sporkinator
Drunken Constructor

Post by Sporkinator »

Battlezone1.net/.org isn't a clan. It really is the Battlezone 1 Community. Use of the word "main" was perhaps overly generous, but it depends on the context. It's really the "only" Battlezone 1 Community, but I figured "main" was a better word since I meant no disrespect to this forum as a meeting place for BZ1 and BZ2 players. :)

As for rules, there is no special set of rules for the battlezone1.net server aside from no use of hacks/cheats/whatever the heck you want to call it.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Apollo wrote:Sounds to me you all use prirated materials, including the files i see on bz1.net and on this forum. Unless all of you can say you paid for the rights to the game, yeah, that's likely. ;)
Not sure I understand that. My copy of BZ1 was purchased second hand for £3, which is perfectly legal (at least in my country - how is that going in the US btw?)
Sporkinator wrote:It's really the "only" Battlezone 1 Community
Spot the mistake.
Apollo
Sabre

Post by Apollo »

Sporkinator wrote:As for rules, there is no special set of rules for the battlezone1.net server aside from no use of hacks/cheats/whatever the heck you want to call it.
When someone is banning at the server level, i would say there is a special set of rules, something like "do as i say, not as i do". And in your case, you are a hacker and doing the PR for your clan, group, whatever you call it, so you don't follow your own rules now do you.

And you just lied "It's really the "only" Battlezone 1 Community".

What are you going to lie about next i wonder...
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Sporkinator wrote:
blue banana wrote:you really are the perfect bz1 advertiser arent you sporkinator?
Well, what can I say? It's my favorite game. When I see Josiah claiming that the installers give mismatch, I have to correct him, because he is wrong. If he got mismatch, that means he has a mod installed or he needs to get the latest 1.5.
look, I have (one of) the ORIGINAL cds that was released, patched using the OFFICIAL 1.4 patch, made by acti; you've got a lot of nerve saying that I'm the one with the mod.
Sporkinator wrote:Daemon Tools doesn't screw up anything, though it requires a reboot during installation to run properly.
actually, I agree with BB; daemon tools is quite buggy and annoying. I don't know why mr. spock doesn't use something better, like alchohol 52%.
Sporkinator wrote:I never said battlezone1.net was official. There's no official site because Activision ditched BZ. You want to discuss pirated material? How about Dx compiling unofficial versions of BZ with the source code? Really, it's kind of a moot point.
that has nothing to do with the conversation. You're trying to bring up something dx did/does to distract the readers from the main point of the discussion.
Sporkinator wrote:The BZ Community is too small for multiple servers, so might as well stick to the one server that bans those who hack.
well, I've never hacked, cracked, exploited, or whatever, and it seems that I'm banned...