Battlezone: The Re-imagining

Moderators: GSH, Ultraken

Zax
Attila

Re: Battlezone: The Re-imagining

Post by Zax »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:As was discussed a couple posts above, I have no idea how someone wants to incorporate it in the game(s) premise.

However in late 1965, as I noted in the Turret thread specifications, -The following MPS has been superseded by two 40 gal. H20 tanks and a Bio-metal heating lattice for the Mark III- Boeing/Grumman Mark III Badger uses simple water as its propellent mass, and it is charged to electrolyze the H20 to get 4H2O + 4e^- ---> 2H2 + 4OH^- at the cathode and 2H2O ---> O2 + 4e-+ 4H^+ at the anode, then heated with a Bio-metal terahertz modulated transmission, then recombined in the exhaust chamber for ultra high exhaust velocities, making for extremely efficient, high specific impulse thrust.

These early discoveries and research were to be used many years later on non-biometal designs, two of which are commonly known as the Ion Thruster or Drive and VASIMR.

Also remember, this was used ONLY for lateral thrust. . . perpendicular to god's G, and NOT for Uni-Mass assisted lift, which remained chemical.
Or ignore the Badger and tell me how the CCA PAK stands up.
Ultraken
Patch Creator

Post by Ultraken »

Gyroscopes? :)
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Communist red magic.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i still say that yellow thing a too-mah...
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Zax wrote:Or ignore the Badger and tell me how the CCA PAK stands up.
The devs were tired of modeling.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:
Zax wrote:Or ignore the Badger and tell me how the CCA PAK stands up.
The devs were tired of modeling.

Suddenly, devoid of in-universe explanation, he goes out of universe.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

A lot of this sounds almost real xD
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

It's as real as I dare share.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Do I need to ask you if you want to join the Society again, BFT, or are you still firmly sitting on that "No."? The documents you have... procured... would be invaluable.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:Do I need to ask you if you want to join the Society again, BFT, or are you still firmly sitting on that "No."? The documents you have... procured... would be invaluable.
He's probably got a lab set up somewhere and is preparing to set up his own country.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Zenophas wrote:
AHadley wrote:Do I need to ask you if you want to join the Society again, BFT, or are you still firmly sitting on that "No."? The documents you have... procured... would be invaluable.
He's probably got a lab set up somewhere and is preparing to set up his own country.
Petoria :D
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Well it appears we have more movement on the unraveling of the 'bio-metal' technology. In a thread at the old forum, I described from the investigation of cc (carbon copy paper) the rudimentary understanding of the power filaments as understood in the late 50's and early 60's as a sheath-like capacitor utilizing dis-similar conductors separated by a dielectric, able to receive, hold, and release up to 120 micofards per cell. I also described the basic size and formation;

"Most often the nanobots found 'embedded' are no more than simple RAM-like particle-formations, consisting of a nanobot filament attached to a few element molecules, generally homogeneous throughout the 'soup' of bio-metal, and have very basic, virtually useless information. Nothing much beyond 3D location, orientation, molecular van der Waals strength and geometric lattice structure to neighboring 'cells' data."

At these nano-scale densities, the metal has the ability to hold vast amounts of energy. Essentially becoming an ultra-dense, homogenous battery of sorts. The team at Rice now must demonstrate a technology and/or method to reliably array these nano storage cells into a functional structure that would be usable and mass-producible. One aspect vaguely touched on in the paper, is the added benefit of the conducting wire or cable providing its OWN energy capability to the electronic component. Think of moving walkway, as in an airport terminal, instead of a simple static walkway. . . vastly relieving the energy load on the main energy battery or source. Essentially, mimicking an ambient temperature super-conductor!

Here's the group at Rice University describing their much less dense and more simplistic structure;

"The capacitance of the new nano-cable is up to 143 micro-farads per centimeter squared, better than the best previous results from micro-capacitors.
Lou said it may be possible to build a large-scale energy-storage device by arranging millions of the tiny nano-cables side by side in large arrays."

This is still a magnitude short of the capability of 'bio-metal', but it reveals the technology is sound and deserves much more research. The promise to provide dozens, if not hundreds of times the current energy storage capacity is becoming within our reach for the common man every year. Imagine a cell phone only needing a thirty minute charge every few weeks. . .
Last edited by Psychedelic Rhino on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

They already would if all they did was CALL people...
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Since you seem to be working on that side of things, BFT - you may be interested to know I recently discovered documents proving the ISDF's Greyhound Squadron discovered a crystallised strain of biometal on the Dark Planet capable of acting as a chemical cell. Such information is unfortunately useless, as all of the technology derived from it was lost during the ISDF/Scion war, and the crystals themselves were lost during the Alchemation Event.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
DuoRanger
Thunderbolt

Post by DuoRanger »

Zax wrote:
Psychedelic Rhino wrote:As was discussed a couple posts above, I have no idea how someone wants to incorporate it in the game(s) premise.

However in late 1965, as I noted in the Turret thread specifications, -The following MPS has been superseded by two 40 gal. H20 tanks and a Bio-metal heating lattice for the Mark III- Boeing/Grumman Mark III Badger uses simple water as its propellent mass, and it is charged to electrolyze the H20 to get 4H2O + 4e^- ---> 2H2 + 4OH^- at the cathode and 2H2O ---> O2 + 4e-+ 4H^+ at the anode, then heated with a Bio-metal terahertz modulated transmission, then recombined in the exhaust chamber for ultra high exhaust velocities, making for extremely efficient, high specific impulse thrust.

These early discoveries and research were to be used many years later on non-biometal designs, two of which are commonly known as the Ion Thruster or Drive and VASIMR.

Also remember, this was used ONLY for lateral thrust. . . perpendicular to god's G, and NOT for Uni-Mass assisted lift, which remained chemical.
Or ignore the Badger and tell me how the CCA PAK stands up.
the diamond crap was a drill with stab