Culled FE Posts

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zax
Attila

Re: Forgotten Enemies for PB6

Post by Zax »

To all about portals: We have it solved for the next patch.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i have always contended that demolishing portals was a glitch, a cheat even, something that was discovered that you could do, but there are some dark beings that walk among us that contend otherwise...
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Red Devil wrote:i have always contended that demolishing portals was a glitch, a cheat even, something that was discovered that you could do, but there are some dark beings that walk among us that contend otherwise...
My take as you know is that the humans initially could not interact with the portals due to not understanding them, but biometal is biometal and demolishing them should be as easy as demolishing anything else made of biometal. If gameplay reasons are the only reasons they cannot be demolished, then that is fake difficulty.

-NOTE-

Everything I said applies to single player. Leave single player campaign portals as is. As far as MPI or IA- I do not know the specifics for those, do not take my opinion for those.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

As far as I remember you could only demolish portals with a Hadean constructor in the single player campaign, but in multiplay it was made so you could do it to prevent spawning in areas you now own. If they need to go then that is fine too, I can always keep six chains turrets right outside :-)
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

ah, only allowing Hadean creators to do it would make sense. chain turrets, too. ;)
Fulmen
Thunderbolt

Post by Fulmen »

I'd prefer to leave the portals (and everything else for that matter) in FE like they were in the original.

How about a shell option to enable/disable demolishable portals?
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Fulmen wrote:I'd prefer to leave the portals (and everything else for that matter) in FE like they were in the original.

How about a shell option to enable/disable demolishable portals?
I would prefer the bugs and inaccuracies were fixed, but the masses of new features do seem a little too much.

EDIT: This is taking it too literally, but would you like to go install Rev.D on PB6? Then come back and rethink your statement. :P
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

not sure if i could make it a shell option, but i will just revert (already done on my end).
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

Red Devil wrote:i have always contended that demolishing portals was a glitch, a cheat even, something that was discovered that you could do, but there are some dark beings that walk among us that contend otherwise...

*AMMO* YAY!

I always liked killing the things with gts when they popped out of the portal :).
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

Even though i have just begun to look at SP scripts, some want to turn it over to others, so i am inclined to do just that.

If someone wants to work on SP, have at it and i'll go work on IA and MP.

if not, STFU.
Commando
Flying Mauler

Post by Commando »

I think demoing the portals is fair game. The AIPs could be tweaked though to put the cons as a higher priority target, if it is out of the base though.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Red Devil wrote:Even though i have just begun to look at SP scripts, some want to turn it over to others, so i am inclined to do just that.

If someone wants to work on SP, have at it and i'll go work on IA and MP.

if not, STFU.
How do they look? Hopefully not too twisted, but I understand if they are. That's how they perform, anyway, to a certain extent.
squirrelof09
Sabre

Post by squirrelof09 »

C'mon guys. Let's get along... I just deleted like the last 6 or so posts from the end of this topic... You know that these kind of posts would not be allowed in public sections of the BZU boards. Could we please keep insulting off of GSH's new forums please, especially the public areas where bot/spiders archive? I'm sure GSH doesn't appreciate the community going against it's self. As we would say on BZU, "Take it to PM".

I'm seeing comments that would eventually make someone completely leave the Battlezone community, and I don't want that... I've known you guys for quite some time.

Now, can we get back on the nice side of discussing FE for PB6 without throwing insults? I'd really love to see the mod completed. I wish I could find more time to beta test this mod, too. :/

Please? Thanks :)
awesome1
Scrap

Post by awesome1 »

Hi RD, firstly FE is great with 1.3 pb6, great sounds, graphics so much better many thanks for all your time with with this.

Have been playing IA 3way recently on Demolition Desert as ISDF v Scion & Hadean. What I have found is that the Scions only build some gun spires, so there are no attacks from them as they have only built 2 buiders & 3 scavs that are sat on vacant pools (this is after 20 minutes of building my base & waiting to see what happens)? Have tried this on easy, medium & hard & each time the result is the same. The Hadeans are fine & give me some grief!!

Not sure if you want feed back on some of the IA missions or whether you want to spend too much on IA when most post's are SP?

Thanks for your work on FE.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

awesome1 wrote:Hi RD, firstly FE is great with 1.3 pb6, great sounds, graphics so much better many thanks for all your time with with this.

Have been playing IA 3way recently on Demolition Desert as ISDF v Scion & Hadean. What I have found is that the Scions only build some gun spires, so there are no attacks from them as they have only built 2 buiders & 3 scavs that are sat on vacant pools (this is after 20 minutes of building my base & waiting to see what happens)? Have tried this on easy, medium & hard & each time the result is the same. The Hadeans are fine & give me some grief!!

Not sure if you want feed back on some of the IA missions or whether you want to spend too much on IA when most post's are SP?

Thanks for your work on FE.
All reports are welcome, SP is just really really borked is all :lol: