Breaking News: "The Bionite Debacle"

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Bionite Team abandons faith in John Grisnik and leaves Platoon Studios with interest in Game Design of their own.

Yesterday an informed insider keyed me in to the Bionite: Origins development losing 7 members, including;

- Production Manager
- Assistant Production Manager
- Lead Software Engineer
- Director of Marketing
- Sound Effects / Server Maintenance
- (x2) Art Design
- Quality Assurance

[All Names & Gamertags Privatized By Request Until Story Develops Further]

This is yet another huge turn of events for Platoon Studios, marking the 3rd mass team abandonment in the developments history of roughly 6 years.
"We're sick of John. We left and created our own company. New coder, new personnel, new game - we have a real scope instead of John pretending to have one."
I was provided a "sneak peek" at their new development, currently in concept form, called "Radar Command". The new companies first game is said to be a "small and easy 2D Real Time Strategy / Tower Defense designed in the Unity game engine featuring a new high tech radar screen commanding a base to fend off attackers." While graphic imagery was provided, the project is still very underground and will evolve in the near future. More details to come for the fresh starting company with plans to move from the Unity Engine to Unreal Engine 4 across a span of 3 games - hoping to eventually release a BZ-Like installment.

After learning of this new company with plans to throw picks of their own into the hat, I asked "Are there any further details you wish to share involving the Bionite/Platoon Studios loss?". They replied;
"Well the key would be that for over a year now [we] have been doing nothing but providing John a very strong scope for all the development and he would agree - then the next day would decide to do his own thing instead (scope creep). Last Fridays meeting was the last straw, [we] found that even though he always said he was working on a couple problems, he never even looked at them."
"Got it.  Finally - seeing as how this story is still unfolding, do you mind if I refer to you as an anonymous tip to the BZ Community at the current status of the Bionite debacle?  I think they all would have a great interest in this development."
"Anonymous yes. If John starts to backlash and point fingers then the guys fawkes mask comes off - and yeah, you know?"
Does this mark the much anticipated death of Bionite: Origins? I'm unclear, because this isn't the first time John Grisnik has suffered the loss of his team. Unfortunately this means incision wont have the opportunity to prize off 20 copies of the Bionite: Origins title for our tournament, all of the team members directly involved with the sponsorship now gone.
"[we] left Platoon Studios for a much better deal, John still has Bionite so you can continue negotiations with him."
Somehow I'm not so sure about John freely giving content away considering recent conditions of the development, but it never hurts to try. For many this marks an occasion of popping the champagne in celebration of lowering the casket, for others this surfaces a dreadful realization that the conditions of the development are as bad as skeptics have claimed. One thing is for certain - John hasn't thrown in the towel yet - and we hope to get a statement from Mr. Grisnik in the near future.

As always, I encourage users to find the truth for themselves.
Last edited by Psyringe on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeusExCeteri
Rattler

Re: Breaking News: "The Bionite Debacle"

Post by DeusExCeteri »

If you can shoot them a message tell them I'd love to join their breakaway company. If the art team is ever in need of an extra set of hands, they've got mine. I'd actually wanted to get in on the development of Bionite when it first started up but certain complications led to that never happening. PM me if you get any details on that, I can send them a résumé or whatever.
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

They are monitoring this story and I have no doubt they will get in touch with you now that you have opened yourself up to the idea! :D
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Don't know if I'm still on the Bionite team or not, but as ever if the splinter team needs a writer they know where to find me.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

Their website seems down as well. Praise the BZ Gods, for the parasite is dying!
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

That varies. While this does mark a huge loss, incision was in negotiations for peace and sponsorship, one of the conditions including getting the "awesome" version of the website back up. While I personally have been waiting for this moment (or a moment very similar to this one) to release a substantial amount of evidence exposing corruption and lies in the Platoon Studios/Bionite development, with good faith I have emailed John Grisnik to start negotiations again from ground zero.

I still posses all of Bionite: Origins assets of my design at the games height of infrastructure. Should Grisnik refuse to resume negotiations, I will pioneer this opportunity and "finish the job". That remains with John.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

This is the email I got from psyringe right after this thread went up. psyringe's real name is Nick Desuza. Just a quick note and i wont be commenting on this further: the people that quit just recently didnt really do anything directly related to the development. Me, Nostromo, Hotshot, Driving Park, and CapT Tony do all the work on the project, so we never needed any of the people that recently quit. This has been the case for 5 years.

I really dont care what these people do because they cant really accomplish anything, they are just the typical "weekend warriors", so what they do really doesnt concern me. I have other emails from nick i can post if i need to, but Mr. Desuza really needs to leave me alone, get a life, or at least start living one with me not in it.

I just do this project becuase i want to make games. I dont take it as seriously as Mr Desuza apparently. I just want this guy to leave me alone. He stole my Facebook page that had over 1600 likes, of which im still attemting to recover. ~LtF

This is the direct quote from the email i recieved from Mr. Desuza. I have forwarded this and the other threatening correspondence i have recieved from Mr. Desuza and Incision Media/Games whatever to my attorney.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Hello. I'm fully aware of the Platoon Studios / Bionite: Origins situation. Losing a large chunk of your team for a third time must be tough. What's interesting is that it's being led by the same person who you defended guiding me to quit to begin with - considering the scenario we label this in the entertainment industry as "irony".

I'm here to resume negotiations, first by reinstating the terms for peace with Platoon Studios / Bionite: Origins, having been disconnected with the liaison in charge of that. I would also like to consider resuming negotiations for the incision Battlezone 1 & 2 Tournament, of which Platoon Studio / Bionite: Origins was sponsoring.

You do have a copy of my very original message from back in December, but the treaty had evolved a great deal to Platoon Studios advantage. Unfortunately we will need to start from ground zero, so the sooner the better.

Right now no treaty between incision and Platoon Studios exists due to this recent matter. Platoon Studios very obviously needs the tools incision created in 2014 to help it get back on its feet - all assets of which I still have. I could be a very powerful ally, and it would be counter productive for Platoon Studios to reject negotiations. I will admit right now is the best time for incision to release our evidence in an all out offensive against Bionite: Origins, ending any relationship you may have had with any given community.

Right now you are weak, and thanks to your misplaced trust in your old Production manager - I am strong. I patiently await your reply. I strongly urge that you do. It will not be long before my offensive starts, and soon after I will reject any future peace agreement.

Oh... and...

I told you so.

- Nicholas DeSuza"
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The downside is that you can't use anything created by the people you removed from the team unless they've already signed it over to you in a legally binding document. I know that's not true for anything I was making for you.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

The Upside is that non of those people had ANY of their content in the game. Ill change the names and the motto for the imi - so you dont have to worry about.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

That's not my concern. My concern is that you've removed an awful lot of people from your team - including the only thing you had that came anywhere close to a competent writer. I had an respectable amount of content penned; I can only assume that's true for the others as well. You have an awful lot of backers to uphold promises to. I hope for your sake (and theirs, but mostly yours) that you can handle that.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

they all decided to work on another project, i didnt remove anybody. I can live with that. and yes i can handle it.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

LtFEED wrote:they all decided to work on another project
That this is not the case is self-evident.
LtFEED wrote:i didnt remove anybody
From the Skype room: wrote: [2015-02-24 02:22:33] *** LtFEED removed Twitchy from this conversation. ***
[2015-02-24 02:22:34] *** LtFEED removed MJL from this conversation. ***
[2015-02-24 02:22:36] *** LtFEED removed Hotshot from this conversation. ***
[2015-02-24 02:22:38] *** LtFEED removed Typhoid from this conversation. ***
[2015-02-24 02:22:40] *** LtFEED removed AHadley from this conversation. ***
Skype / real names changed to developer handles for privacy.

As soon as I found out you closed the group I sent you a message noting that I was perfectly willing to continue working with you. Instead of replying, you came here and burned bridges.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

i thought you were on the list of quitters I got from Panda?

Just because i close a skype room doesnt really mean anything....
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

The first I heard of another team was this thread. Did you get the Skype message I sent?
Psyringe
Thunderbolt

Post by Psyringe »

Oh my. I didn't know we were publishing private content. It's a legal issue, but alright... I consent if John Grisnik does.
That changes the conditions completely. Think on everything you've ever written, John. Everything.

I stand behind my writings completely.

*Additional Edit: Had John Grisnik any legal standing he would have taken action by now. Something he's failed to mention is he gave me the Facebook - in writing no less. Claiming I "Stole" something is Slander. Are you ready to legally defend yourself against Slander, Mr. Grisnik?
He stole my Facebook page that had over 1600 likes, of which im still attemting to recover. ~LtF
I have forwarded this and the other threatening correspondence i have recieved from Mr. Desuza and Incision Media/Games whatever to my attorney.
Yea, right. Sure. All you have done is opened the playing field to private messaging on your own accord. Not only that you have slandered me. Don't bother deleting anything, I screenshotted it. You did a great job of identifying yourself in this thread.