GSH wrote:One thing I've learned over time in this industry, and partly why crunch time happens:
"The last 10% of the project takes the other 90% of the time."
Looks like you think you're just about done. Think again.
This couldnt be more true! I find its the last line of code that is almost impossible to write. We got alot of feedback on the game and decided it wasnt done. I think that bit of insight is the most valuable and that it is very very hard to plan for: bugs, creep, redos, etc. it never ends. At some point we just have to say "its done enough". How in the world did you guys make that call when working on BZ? to say "its done". I think that making that call must have been tough - because BZ is such a complex game. People nowadays are much less forgiving (especially on Early Acces) when it comes to buggy releases (look at what happened to Arkham Asylum for the PC - and that was a UE3 game!).