BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Red Devil, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: BZ2 SP Mission Fixes

Post by Red Devil »

heh, was trying to figure out (between moving neighbor's furniture) why the tug/convoy didn't show up after an unlikely rescue (wrong mission)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

there, for scion02, added a fail for not following orders and killing their recycler, plus added more attackers in case you are detected by approaching their base too early or allowing their scout to get back to their base.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

anyone tried these since the fixes were added?
Abraham Lincoln

Foxtrek_64
Scrap

Post by Foxtrek_64 »

Red Devil wrote:anyone tried these since the fixes were added?
I'll take a look here soon.

Also, thought I'd mention this so it's on your radar. It's purely a cosmetic fix, but it's something I really liked about the original game.

This has to do with the very first mission, right after the "unstable terrain" scripted event.

Commander Shab tells Lt. Simms to "take the path to the East" and tells the player to follow them. Lt. Simms then informs Shab that "[he's] picking up something strange at his 11 o'clock heading North," and Shab tells him to "Stay on it."

This is where it deviates...

In 1.0, he follows the Guardian until it stops where the player and Shabayev meet up with it. It deploys and some comments are said, then the Guardian looks left and right before opening fire on Shabayev, I believe.

From what I can tell, the script tells Simms not to fire until Shabayev opens fire, and it tells Shabayev not to fire unless one of two conditions are met: she is fired upon by the guardian or the player fires upon the guardian.

In 1.3, Simms will follow the guardian, but open fire while he is still in range. Because the guardian has taken damage, Shabayev also opens fire on it when it comes into range. The resulting effect is that the Guardian is unable to deploy as it is destroyed (even without the player's help) before it gets to its marker.

As I said, this is purely cosmetic, so it's not something I expect to be very high on the list (unlike the game-breaking issue in "An Unlikely Rescue" way back in the first pages of this thread), but I thought I'd throw it out in case someone else has the will to try their hand at fixing it before I get a chance. Fortunatel, CPP is fairly similar to C#, and I have to convert between the two regularly, so I might be able to do something about it.
This above all: Be true to thine self, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not be false to another man. -- Hamlet, Act I, Scene III
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

i think that the LookAt() parameters for the turrent encounter were reversed in 1.0 and corrected in 1.3.
Abraham Lincoln

Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

fixed link in first post in thread
Abraham Lincoln

Sigma 27
Drunken Scav

Post by Sigma 27 »

Sorry if this was covered or done in the past but I didn't realise this existed until just now! SORRY!

However during my playthrough of BZ2 I found an error. During the Scion mission where you control an ISDF base, I completed the mission by guiding my army via the use of the relay bunker, but when I completed all the objectives the mission wouldn't end at all. The game probably expected me to fight myself but as I didn't I assume it didn't recognise me completing the mission!

Sorry if this was already addressed but I though I'd bring it up. Btw, I wasn't using any of these fixes unless they were included in the most recent patch, because of the first line. Sorry again :P.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

yup, as in the military, you have to follow orders, otherwise it will not complete.
Abraham Lincoln

Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

If that is the case then the game should really be checking for the destruction of the objective rather than anything the player does, or if absoultely necessary failing them for not getting their hands dirty. Softlock is really confusing for the player and needs to be eliminated wherever possible.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

The source code's been out for years. RD's the only one making the effort to actually work on it. Anyone else is also welcome to try.

-- GSH
jcooke278
Drunken Scav

Post by jcooke278 »

@Sigma 27: I was able to reproduce your bug in 1.3.7.2. It happens when the convoy is destroyed before the player gets within 200m of the lead scout in the evil Scion convoy.

I debugged it and was able to find a fix for it. The convoy_dead check should be moved outside the if ((!convoy_dead) && (convoyattack)), since convoy_attack is false unless the player gets within range of the convoy.

GSH, what's the best way to submit fixes to you?
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Release them here?
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
jcooke278
Drunken Scav

Post by jcooke278 »

jcooke278
Drunken Scav

Post by jcooke278 »

I spent some time looking over the missions and I have some more fixes :D (my previous scion06 fix is included in the bundle)

ISDF02:
fixed rare mission hang when Shabayev starts moving towards the constructor

ISDF04:
fixed Shabayev not going away when ordered to by Braddock

ISDF05:
fixed mission not noticing if excavator was destroyed before Manson's voiceover about the gun spires
removed AudioMessage("isdf0521.wav") on failure when the excavator was destroyed without the satchel. The file doesn't seem to exist and was giving an error. Replaced it with AddObjective isdf0515 in RED

ISDF06:
rewrote scav check so that you fail immediately if one of the starting scavs dies, since the mission will be unwinnable

SCION05:
fixed mission hang when bridge is destroyed before player is ordered to destroy it

SCION06:
fixed mission hang when convoy is destroyed before player gets within 200m of lead evil scion scout

CPP:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz2x175duwcht ... p.zip?dl=0

DLL:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95u3dli74hxi5 ... s.zip?dl=0
jcooke278
Drunken Scav

Post by jcooke278 »

Fixes for isdf10 (On Thin Ice):

-fixed jittery dropship movement in cutscene
-fixed wrong objective displayed if you didn't investigate Shab's dropship before evacuating the transport

CPP:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux1rpyh0l8ncl ... p.zip?dl=0

DLL:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48ve7djhaubam ... l.zip?dl=0