Flying Mauler

Re: BZSCRAP data found here - bzscrap.org

Post by General BlackDragon »

no credits for minor uploads then? say, 200mb of FE
squirrelof09
Sabre

Post by squirrelof09 »

If you want anything changed above, please contact squirrelof09@gmail.com. Also, if you contributed to bzscrap.org before February 22nd, 2011, you may e-mail me your desired name and description. Description length is limited to 48 bytes and display name is limited to 18 bytes.
Dataanti
Thunderbolt

Post by Dataanti »

I just emailed you some use full documents. At least I found them use full at times.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Re: BZSCRAP data found here

Post by APCs r Evil »

Red Spot wrote:It has to be released before end of next year, there is no after that ...
My old offer from BZU still stands, if the world ends on 12-X-2012 (No I still don't know the day.) I'll buy each and every one of you bums a car.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

It would seem that xsis.zip is corrupted. I've downloaded multiple times and tried to open with winzip and 7zip.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Use modderdata, which is released with every public beta. It can be found on GSH's website where the Public Beta can be gotten from.
deadscion
Drunken Scav

Post by deadscion »

Please report any further corrupt files so they can be replaced.

I just tested my download of xsi's.zip from my archives and it opens just fine.
You can have my copy.

http://deadscion.com/downloads/Battlezo ... si%27s.zip

Please use my archives as a possible alternative, but take the usual precautions with any download.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

deadscion wrote:Please report any further corrupt files so they can be replaced.

I just tested my download of xsi's.zip from my archives and it opens just fine.
You can have my copy.

http://deadscion.com/downloads/Battlezo ... si%27s.zip

Please use my archives as a possible alternative, but take the usual precautions with any download.
Yes yes. Report all broken files so that we may replacement when we are able. Members like deadscion are providing tons of alternate or lost files.
OvermindDL1
Sober Scav

Post by OvermindDL1 »

Yep! Deadscion has quite a nice store of things there that many do not have, definitely useful.
Feenix

Re: BZSCRAP data found here

Post by Feenix »

AHadley wrote:Be careful with that, GSH updates DXTGen occasionally and that may be an obsolete version.
If a new model minus a DXT texture is loaded into the game will it cause problems for BZII?

3dex 1.5 doesn't support this format so how and when do we get a DXT texture on a new model?

Does the XSI model need to be edited to switch out the original texture with the DXT version?

Considering DXT is now apparently the standard texture format for PB6 and above would it possible to post some kind of FAQ for 3D modelers to use as a guide for getting DXT textures on their models in general terms? I use Truespace but I have to export textures in BMP, TGA, PNG or JPG. It would help people with different modeling programs get a handle on what's required to their models into BZII. Thanks.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The XSI may say whatever extension it wants, the game ignores that part. Also, newly generated MSHs say '.bz2dxt' in the texture filenames regardless. When i say it does not matter, I mean, I have taken MSHs that said "feleaf01.pic" and hex edited them to "stmapname01." for the UEP. The game then loads stmapname01.bz2dxt, or in earlier versions tries to load stmapname01.pic, stmapname01.bmp, etc.

So, when making models for BZ2, you use the textures as, lets say, BMPs or PICs, but when the game tries to use them, it will use the bz2dxt. In fact, modern MSHs say bz2dxt explicitly, however this is not required as the extension is removed from the filename and the extension set by the game itself anyway.
labmice00
Thunderbolt

Post by labmice00 »

Feenix wrote: If a new model minus a DXT texture is loaded into the game will it cause problems for BZII?
Not really, if it doesn't have a DXTBZ2 texture, then the texture will be replaced by a pick-yellow-checkerboard one that says: "Modder: Use DXT" or something like that. No AV or anything like it though.
Feenix wrote: 3dex 1.5 doesn't support this format so how and when do we get a DXT texture on a new model?
You don't. you get the exported model's textures (BMP, TGA, PNG, Etc.) and convert them to DXTBZ2, which then it'll render it in
Battlezone 2.
Feenix wrote: Does the XSI model need to be edited to switch out the original texture with the DXT version?

Considering DXT is now apparently the standard texture format for PB6 and above would it possible to post some kind of FAQ for 3D modelers to use as a guide for getting DXT textures on their models in general terms? I use Truespace but I have to export textures in BMP, TGA, PNG or JPG. It would help people with different modeling programs get a handle on what's required to their models into BZII. Thanks.
The XSI model does not need to be edited to switch the textures.

You CANNOT get a DXT (DXTBZ2) texture on a model. You simply export the model and then convert the textures to DXTBZ2, put the DXTBZ2 texture it in the same directory, and done.

EDIT: Darn, Nielk1 beat it to me.
Last edited by labmice00 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I didn't realise no extension would be required at all. That makes hexing models so much easier as we now have four spare characters to work with (assuming an extension can be .pi or something, removing the "c"):P
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

AHadley wrote:I didn't realise no extension would be required at all. That makes hexing models so much easier as we now have four spare characters to work with (assuming an extension can be .pi or something, removing the "c"):P
3 spare, since I think you still need the .
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:
AHadley wrote:I didn't realise no extension would be required at all. That makes hexing models so much easier as we now have four spare characters to work with (assuming an extension can be .pi or something, removing the "c"):P
3 spare, since I think you st
Incomplete post is incomplete.

"I think you still need the period"?