Interesting Article Thread v.2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Re: Interesting Article Thread v.2

Post by Iron_Maiden »

And you thought politics were dirty before:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ve-TV.html
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Why?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/spac ... space.html
Its another great honour for the simian race, yes? :) I suppose the "coming down again safely" bit is too difficult for them. :)
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

APCs r Evil wrote:They found a new front in TWAT. :roll:

(The War Against Terrorism... not sure if that's even the official name anymore but I like the acronym.)

EDIT: Forgot smiley.
We need a head-desk emote. Gotta love how such reports always leave out the swath of liberal Eco-terrorists out there and instead center on demeaning a single political group and their ideals even when taken to the sensible degree far aside from extremist.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Gotta love how such reports always leave out the swath of liberal Eco-terrorists
Got any examples of the use of violence by these groups? just talking about stuff or trying to change the way people do things is not terrorism. The premeditated use of violence for a "cause" is terrorism. Some of us think that the target of the violence does not have to be human. Loggers (industrial) are terrorists, they commit massive violence against a huge range of species by destroying the environment that supports their lives, humans then become their victims too as they depend on those species for their survival. There are some profound problems with the law in this respect.
I cant think of a single Eco-terrorist incident off hand, however a quick look at google Earth on the other hand, clearly shows the results of massive violence by industrial loggers. That these companies are firmly linked to a particular US right wing political movement, clearly influence their policies and their supporters peculiar opinions, is actually why you are making posts like this with vague accusations of terrorism against those you see as opponents. It still does not seem to have occurred to you that you are just being cynically manipulated by an organisation who's work is converting Creation into imaginary profit...
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Is he right?:

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Look, I'm going to level with you. I don't care about this topic enough to search out the news of it, which is rarely properly reported, just to have my links noted as inaccurate or non-usable sources because of the limited scope of such news outlets that truthfully cover the events. My time and effort is far better spent doing other things than giving facts to someone who won't change their opinion anyway.

I am going to point out that the article linked did give some basic examples:
Animal Liberation Front
Earth Liberation Front
Weather Underground

These 3 terrorist left wing groups alone account for a number of attacks more than the article's reported "350 “attacks initiated by far-right groups/individuals” in 2011".
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I have heard of the Animal Liberation Front, the others I have never heard of. The ALF are not "eco-terrorists" they are mostly nutters overly concerned with the nonsense of animal rights. The "eco" stands for ecology, animal rights are not an ecological issue, they are just an illogical extension of the rights we like to fool ourselves into believing we have as human beings. There is a very big difference between the protection of the environment (our life support mechanism) and the emotional insanity of animal rights.
As far as I know the US is unique in having active anti-environmental movement, many other nations choose to ignore the issue, but to actually be anti-environmental is an insanity most of us cannot even comprehend. It is a form of corruption that can only lead to the continued damaging and impoverishment of our world. It is criminally irresponsible .
If you don't care about the environment, then you don't care about anything at all, everything you do or enjoy is its gift. It is the body of God.
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

Nielk1 wrote:Look, I'm going to level with you. I don't care about this topic enough to search out the news of it, which is rarely properly reported, just to have my links noted as inaccurate or non-usable sources because of the limited scope of such news outlets that truthfully cover the events. My time and effort is far better spent doing other things than giving facts to someone who won't change their opinion anyway.
It's so much more fun to just post delusional paranoid fantasies and the get offended when nobody believes them.
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

Double post.
Last edited by Roscoe on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Roscoe wrote:It's so much more fun to just post delusional paranoid fantasies and the get offended when nobody believes them.
And yet he's perfectly right; all three are left-wing terrorist organisations.

@MTS: the ALF are officially designated an eco-terrorist organisation, whether they fit your definition of the term or not. They *are* terrorists, by the very definition of the term. You can't just make your own definition up and call loggers terrorists. It doesn't work like that.
Last edited by Ded10c on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

By who? Got a link to some terrorist acts they've committed?

...and who called loggers terrorists? Trying to discredit me personally is probably more trouble than just posting a link.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

MrTwoSheds called loggers terrorists. Only the first sentence of my post was in reply to you.

ELF, ELF, ELF, ALF, ALF, ALF, WU, WU, WU

The ALF, an English group, have a habit of arson and firebombing. In 1999, a reporter who posed as an activist and recorded an ALF leader giving him advice on making an IED was abducted and had the acronym branded onto his back.

The ELF also quite like the idea of burning things, which is ironically not very good for the environment. They were responsible for the Street of Dreams fires - the houses they burnt were designed to be sustainable. The ELF disagreed. So they burnt them.

The Weather Underground bombed, amongst other things, a series of police stations and the Pentagon.
Last edited by Ded10c on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

Very nice. Was that so difficult?

Edit:

...and here we have a fairly dangerous man:

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Thanks for supplying some detail AH. Curious that I have never heard about this pentagon bombing, I guess it must come under the "inconvenient" category of crimes that are unworthy of being widely reported. /edit or maybe it happened about 1/3 of a century ago? :)
Either way they are merely trivial human scale crimes, dealt with by human justice. The crimes I speak of may ultimately become those of the highest order, justice is not a viable option, the cessation of the crimes is all I seek. Is it really too much to expect a lumber industry to actually grow their own trees? I don't think it is. I think it is essential for the long term survival of that civilisation.