Interesting Article Thread v.2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Re: Interesting Article Thread v.2

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

It's as if we are closer to early humans than we are apes!

... Wait...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

MrTwosheds wrote:Either way they are merely trivial human scale crimes, dealt with by human justice. The crimes I speak of may ultimately become those of the highest order, justice is not a viable option, the cessation of the crimes is all I seek. Is it really too much to expect a lumber industry to actually grow their own trees? I don't think it is. I think it is essential for the long term survival of that civilisation.
Dealing with them by destroying property and killing people is terrorism, not justice. Nor will it cause them to cease.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Zero Angel
Attila

Post by Zero Angel »

Not sure why people are arguing over what fringe groups of terrorists do more damage (the right wing terrorists or the left wing terrorists). It's terrorism, plain and simple, and it doesnt matter which party they support, or whose ideology they are taking too far. I'm sure that most people (left-wing or right-wing) do not support terrorism at all.

Part of me wonders if the focus of media on 'gun control' and local terrorism is part of a plan to try and manipulate people into removing their own 2nd amendment rights, which was probably put into place to give people an opportunity to overthrow a tyrannical federal government (should it ever need to come to that).
Regulators
Regulate any stealin' of this biometal pool, we're damn good, too
But you can't be any geek off the street
Gotta be handy with the chains if you know what I mean
Earn your keep
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Dealing with them by destroying property and killing people is terrorism, not justice. Nor will it cause them to cease.
Absolutely, it is just fools showing themselves to have as little self control or understanding as those they oppose. Humans love resorting to violence, they just need to justify it to themselves, that it almost never advances the cause they think they follow does not actually matter to them. The prospect of violence simply offers a false hope of some sort of sense of victory that their narrow minded cause's will otherwise never deliver.
Part of me wonders if the focus of media on 'gun control' and local terrorism is part of a plan to try and manipulate people into removing their own 2nd amendment rights, which was probably put into place to give people an opportunity to overthrow a tyrannical federal government (should it ever need to come to that).
It may also be a recognition that a heavily over armed population will inevitably at some point become a serious threat to its own stability.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:It may also be a recognition that a heavily over armed population will inevitably at some point become a serious threat to its own stability.
Only in the presence of an outside oppressive force.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Americans being armed is not the problem. Stupid Americans being armed is the problem.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Only in the presence of an outside oppressive force.
Civil conflict can afflict any nation, it really takes very little provocation to start trouble and it is very hard to stop again once it gets going.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

APCs r Evil wrote:
Iron_Maiden wrote:A good decision?:
An interesting article from USMC Captain Katie Petronio on the subject.
I see an argument for women to choose not to join, not an argument for barring women from joining.
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

AHadley wrote:Americans being armed is not the problem. Stupid Americans being armed is the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... xnhgkYa9dQ
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

AHadley wrote:Americans being armed is not the problem. Stupid Americans being armed is the problem.
Now I wonder how one should go about trying to spot the difference.
Most of us have no need, nor ever will, for a gun or any weapon at all. So how should one go about clasifiying people who do buy weapons with the potential to do a lot of harm, without the need to have it?

Do note that I say weapon, I should probably say 'handgun', but seeing that machineguns get soled like candy at some places I felt a need to be more generalising.
Roscoe
Rattler

Post by Roscoe »

I think the old "handgun in the drawer by the bed" is a pretty reasonable thing for people to have. It's kind of like a fire extinguisher... you will almost certainly not use it, but if you do need it, you need it really bad.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Love to see some statistics on this, eg what % of people actually use a gun to defend themselves and what % gun owners family/friends end up being injured by them one way or another. It would be useful info when calculating the real risks of owning a weapon vs not owning one.
My own personal statistics are so far are that I have never had need to use a gun and I know nobody who has been shot (warfare excluded)
I suspect the statistics would actually show that gun ownership increases the risk of serious injury occurring to those in its vicinity, one way or another.