Interesting article thread

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Re: Interesting article thread

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Also agree.
Or at least give the option to move the 'offending' thread to some no-holds barred sub forum.
Theological debates don't have to be heated.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:I sort of wish the moderators would at least leave them alone until the argument got heated enough to deserve a lock.
Why let an argument spiral out of control and have people in each other hairs over a topic we all know from experiance will likelly explode in your face?
Its not that I dont agree with you, but I understand why these topics do get locked and cant really care much about it either way.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Why let an argument spiral out of control and have people in each other hairs over a topic we all know from experiance will likely explode in your face?
I always wear my full body armour in these discussions. :)
My problem is that, being a Non Religious and a Non Atheist, all these discussions are about The Reality in which we all live and having them locked as soon as someone starts quoting scriptures is a bit annoying. It may seem like I am just ranting about trees or something, but to me there really is no difference between this and theology, My "God" lives on Earth in a very real sense. For me it is barely possible to have a discussion that does not involve theology, in one way or another.
Just seems like the bible class crew get to censor me every time I take my theo-translation software offline. :)
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Red Spot wrote:
MrTwosheds wrote:I sort of wish the moderators would at least leave them alone until the argument got heated enough to deserve a lock.
Why let an argument spiral out of control and have people in each other hairs over a topic we all know from experiance will likelly explode in your face?
Its not that I dont agree with you, but I understand why these topics do get locked and cant really care much about it either way.
I've seen threads about theology last to about 100 some pages. Hell, might even pass 1000.

It usually ends with a noob troll getting banned for a day, which is kinda funny.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:Just seems like the bible class crew get to censor me every time I take my theo-translation software offline. :)
Just slip one of you books into their library, before you know it its part of their own religion :D
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

no, Visa takes you...
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

I thought of posting this at 1:15 tomorrow, but it might've freaked some out. ;) :shock:

Revelation 13:15-18

". . . It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."
Last edited by Psychedelic Rhino on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

I was going along with that article, grumbling to myself and trying to keep an open mind till I got to these three words, "a global thinking". Now I've never had anything against "a" but those other two in conjunction with the subject matter set off my "Crime Against Humanity" sensor.

That usually doesn't go off unless Hillary is visible. :shock:
"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:I thought of posting this at 1:15 tomorrow, but it might've freaked some out. ;) :shock:

Revelation 13:15-18

". . . It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666."

The number of the beast is 616 :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Bar coding or chipping people...How much clearer can they say, You Are Our Property.
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

I am afraid it is the future ..
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

If you sit around waiting for Dear Leader to brand you it is.
"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

MrTwosheds wrote:Bar coding or chipping people...How much clearer can they say, You Are Our Property.
You've already got government ID that isn't something you can opt out of....
And as long as people mindlessly flock to mobile applications to check into locations or announce what they are doing every moment of the day, the government won't have to spend the money on microchipping the populace.