Music Thread

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

forgottengames
Sabre

Re: Music Thread

Post by forgottengames »

Are you kidding? You met him at a concert? And did he insult you or something?
It's a cold world and THIS IS ICE
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Psychic TV

Oh wow, I love these guys too.
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

On the same day as Transit Of Venus I had a decision to buy it or Papa roach's new album The Connection, I ended up buying the Connection first and loved it, particuarly the first few tracks, I then bought Transit Of Venus and loved that too, they are definetly 2 of the best metal/rock albums i've heard to a long time, but I practicly listen to anything, except electronic and people.....like Justin Bieber
Life isn't about love, hate or fear, it's about understanding that there's more then just us excising in this world, you may hate someone for their decision, but in the end, it's never your fault and you can always move on....
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Try getting into electronic music. Based on the stuff you like, start with some modern post-industrial or industrial metal.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

Don't mind industrial or electronicore, but I just hate stuff like dubstep because I prefer listening to music with vocals and instremental talent (sorry if I spelt it wrong)
Life isn't about love, hate or fear, it's about understanding that there's more then just us excising in this world, you may hate someone for their decision, but in the end, it's never your fault and you can always move on....
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I know a pair of dubstep producers, and believe me, they are incredibly good musicians (and it shows in their music). Believe me when I say producing good dubstep is incredibly difficult (and something most dubstep producers fail at completely) - a lot of artists prefer to create their sounds from scratch by manipulating sine waves rather than use presets on their instruments (as a guitarist would probably do with their preamp).

Try listening to Celldweller, perhaps. He's made a lot of music over the last few years, all of it falling somewhere between metal, industrial and dubstep.

Birthright
The Best It's Gonna Get / Tainted (It's a live performance, so being a solo artist he can't play all the instruments.)
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

Finally started using Pandora, and I'm hooked for the time being.
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

forgottengames wrote:Are you kidding? You met him at a concert? And did he insult you or something?
Nah no insult or anything, just kind of a dickish attitude. Of all the musicians I've met he was my least favourite.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Listening to Stolen Babies's new album.

It's.... okay.
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Goat by The Jesus Lizard.
Great album from what was once a legendary live act.
Baconboy
Attila

Post by Baconboy »

@rice: ToV is amazing! :D
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

AHadley wrote:I know a pair of dubstep producers, and believe me, they are incredibly good musicians (and it shows in their music). Believe me when I say producing good dubstep is incredibly difficult (and something most dubstep producers fail at completely) - a lot of artists prefer to create their sounds from scratch by manipulating sine waves rather than use presets on their instruments (as a guitarist would probably do with their preamp).

Try listening to Celldweller, perhaps. He's made a lot of music over the last few years, all of it falling somewhere between metal, industrial and dubstep.

Birthright
The Best It's Gonna Get / Tainted (It's a live performance, so being a solo artist he can't play all the instruments.)
^This.

I find Dubstep interesting.
forgottengames
Sabre

Rhonda Lorence, Foo

Post by forgottengames »

Rhonda Lorence makes some pretty mellow tunes. Check out her albums Movements In the Moment and Winter Moon if you're feeling particularly inspired.
The best part is, I met her in person while I was growing up in North Carolina.
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

AHadley wrote:I know a pair of dubstep producers, and believe me, they are incredibly good musicians (and it shows in their music). Believe me when I say producing good dubstep is incredibly difficult (and something most dubstep producers fail at completely) - a lot of artists prefer to create their sounds from scratch by manipulating sine waves rather than use presets on their instruments (as a guitarist would probably do with their preamp).

Birthright
Amon Tobin is quite a tinkerer too. He's kind of moved somewhere between musician and foley artist.
forgottengames
Sabre

Post by forgottengames »

Pendulum makes excellent drum and bass, and a few exceptional dubstep tracks. Dubstep, for the most part, is the anthem of slimey tossers.