Plugs for Good Companies/Products

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Red Devil
Recycler

Re: Plugs for Good Companies/Products

Post by Red Devil »

been watching Coast Guard Alaska on the weather channel lately. shows craziness like rescuing people in category 3 hurricanes in the arctic with, literally, seconds to spare.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

one of the best shows i've seen in awhile is Longmire on A&E

http://www.aetv.com/longmire/

8-)
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Okay, this thread's been dead for a while, but I didn't really want to create a whole new one just for one post.

Two days ago, I spilt a full glass of Shloer (a sweet, fruity carbonated beverage) all over my keyboard. I was on Skype with Nielk and his brother Rettro at the time, and they both found it incredibly amusing. I, needless to say, did not. I did as anyone would do and panicked, unplugged it, turned it up-side down and placed it on a towel to soak out as much of the liquid as I could. Of course, given that I have a complex keyboard (Logitech G19), the damage was already done. I dismantled it completely and cleaned the insides with cotton buds and a light detergent, then put it back together and tried to get it to go again. It didn't. The soap had left its own residue inside, on top of the sticky electrolytes.

This morning I received cans of propan-2-ol and compressed air. Set to work cleaning the inside again. One hour later, keyboard is working beautifully. Better than before, in fact; the keys are quieter and slightly less resistive.

This is basically a long-winded way of saying that you should seriously consider having cans of Propan-2-ol (also known as Isopropyl Alcohol in some cases) and compressed air ready to go. I knew I'd need them at some point, but never bothered to get hold of them. Cost me around £9 each (a fair bit for an empty can, if you think about it :P).
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Take a bathtub, fill it with warm water, drop your keyboard in it (or any electric devices that are unplugged and have no form of battery), let it soak for a few hours, take it out of the bath, let it dry for a few days (note I say 'days', not hours), plug it in, prestó! :)

My Logitech €20,- ultrathin keyboard is ~8 years old, you cant even see part of the 'WASD'-keys, but after several baths its still doing its thing and eventhough it hasnt been designed for it, is pretty darn silent :)
Echo 343
Rattler

Post by Echo 343 »

For general automotive tools and supplies I recommend 3m and Meguiars, especially for car detailing.

Pro tip: If your car's headlamps are showing oxidation, in most cases your uv clear coat has failed and will need to be removed to have sealant applied. Generally this is done via an abrasive process, but there are acrylic deoxidizers that remove oxidation without compromising the remaining clearcoat.

It should be noted that acrylic deoxidizers are stupidly expensive for the quantity given, though the same can be said for a certain headlamp sealant.

Factory uv clear coats usually last 5 years before deterioration.

/headlight restorer\detailer
:.Lingering Echo.:
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

^Dont forget Loctite, a lot of people seem to think they only make glue, but under that name they also make cleaners, pretty darn good ones (we use them at work, which is automotive industry/development).

plug :)