Making The Bus Monitor Cry

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

squirrelof09
Sabre

Making The Bus Monitor Cry

Post by squirrelof09 »

Perhaps some of you all have seen the video and know what this topic is about by the title.

It absolutely upsets me just even reading the title of the video, then watching it I'm so furious.

I'll link you to an article with an interview of Karen Klein and you can find the raw video yourself

http://gawker.com/5920047/bullied-bus-m ... -with-that

Last time I seen this was on my own school bus in high school my senior year. about 45 students including myself jump on the "trade school bus" to be dropped off at a technical school pertaining to a trade we choose. THis bus driver, which is also the same bus driver that would pick me up for school was treated like this bus monitor. Teenagers around the age of ~15-19 for some unknown reason started calling my bus driver names... I ended up going fromt he back of the bus to the front seat and I told the bus driver "I'm sorry you have to put up with those jerks..." and she started flooding with tears and I just trembled...

THe trade school bus returned back to the high school before school lets out and I'd just stay on the bus since it was my ride home.. Theres about 15 minutes of time waiting for school to let out and I'd either be texting or on the phone with someone.. I spoke with her that day and she just kept thanking me for being a good student on her bus.. Shes maybe in her 60's like that lady too... She was awesome... I see her sometimes in stores and give her a hug..

But anyway, discuss the video..
GSH
Patch Creator

Re: Making The Bus Monitor Cry

Post by GSH »

Griefers. Can't teleport them to Afghanistan to work a chain gang -- turning large rocks into small rocks. Total shunning of griefers would work, but some communities protect their own. :(

-- GSH
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Parents think their little asshole kids are the greatest beings on earth. Why? And they will do nothing about it even with proof. "Oh, no, he was just being playful.."

NSFW Article on how the stupidity of humanity cycles on
◥▶◀◤ row row, fight the powuh
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

I'm so glad I'm not reproducing.
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Well can't watch the video for some reason, don't need to. It is almost impossible to keep discipline and drive at the same time. An employer who understands the situation and is prepared to back their workers is most useful.
A quiet word with the school, and a request to the parents to make alternate travel arrangements, usually sorts things out fairly well. Only on a couple of occasions have I had to "override" the official channels by simply refusing to allow the "child" to get on...and make them sort the issue out themselves, this is the most enjoyable way as It causes them to draw the fire down on themselves :) Very occasionally you do get Psyco Jnr who just can't or won't understand what they are doing is not going pass without response. I have only once had to physically remove a "child" from my vehicle, for some reason they are all under the impression that adults can't touch them, I have no Idea where they got that idea :) must be some sort of urban myth spread by lawers or something. He was very surprised when I did, and was always polite afterwards. They'll be telling me I can't just tell them all to shut the F@cI< UP next!
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

No one would dare try anything like that with a bus driver I used to have.

One day the kids were getting loud and jumpy, apparently distracting the driver. I was near the back being the angel (Not a word) that I am. Anyway, all of a sudden the bus goes from ~40mph to 0mph in... well at the time it seemed instant but I don't think buses can stop that quickly. After everyone had shut up and got back in the proper seating position the bus driver stood up and did a remarkable impersonation of a PO'd grizzly bear. After that it was nothing more than a whisper for the rest of the trip. :D
"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Its the only way...
Got no lawyers on my busImageI am THE LAW
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

heh, there was only one griefer - ever - on our bus, and it lasted about 10 seconds. our driver just got up and slapped the kid up side of his head into next week with one *huge*, rock-hard hand (was a farmer) - and that was that. and it was while we were all loading up after school - in front of the school.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

It's crap parenting.

The days of having a father, without anger, take a strap to their kid for that behavior, is over.

Too bad, sometimes it's needed.

I don't agree with Glen Beck on spiritual matters. . .but I agree with him in this story, those kids have evil in them.
Last edited by Psychedelic Rhino on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

RD, that makes me believe you're a bit older as I dont think you'd want to do that nowdays. If you dont get some angry parent with a knife or such after you it will be a lawyer ...

Some example of a new 'idea' over here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMYnAsK0FqA
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

things are different here in the country/rural areas.
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Well, real life is the same as it ever was, no you don't hit kids, but if one of them starts hitting someone else, I still do what needs to be done...Most of them won't succeed in getting a lawyer, or even convincing their parents. The kids aren't the big problem anyway, its the supposed adults who are the real danger. Basically they can stick the "official procedures" if someone for whatever reason decides to get violent, then often the best response is to make damn sure they stop doing that as quick as possible, Last year I had to persuade a road rager not to get into my vehicle by basically preparing to smash his head in with a fire extinguisher. Defused the situation nice and quickly :) In another incident I did actually deliberately drive a double decker bus into someone intent on getting into it to attack me. (not fast) Physical intervention is often the most effective way of altering the outlook of someone who has "lost it". Putting them into a position of clear danger often turns the tables on them and triggers the "flight" rather than the "fight" instinct. Don't cower in the face of violence, because you fear a court, I would rather go to court than to casualty...
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

agreed; that kid and his brother were inbred punks from a big city who thought they could continue with 'business as usual' and very quickly found out otherwise.

one of my favorite childhood memories, really... 8-)
Abraham Lincoln

Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

This has been happening all over our school system, with bus drivers, teachers, you name it.

Best described with these:

And I know a lot about this crap, not only did I see it going on in school but my father was a High School teacher.

Hell, the way I saw parents acting at both my highschool and my 5 year college graduate was deplorable.
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

And the cause of humanity's downfall: Discovered
Battlezone Classic Public Forums
*****General BlackDragon*****