Anti American Protests

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Baconboy
Attila

Anti American Protests

Post by Baconboy »

http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticl ... an-rioting

What do you guys think? The world's in a terrible state right now. :?
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Anti American Protests

Post by MrTwosheds »

I think your watching people being manipulated as part of a power play by one of the world religions. I also think that your government is reaping what it has sown. Its a shame, most American people must be wondering what they did to deserve this.
Astute observers of international politics will be only too aware that your foreign policies are very biased towards the interests of key cultural groups within the US, rather than the interests of the actual foreigners (or the indeed the US!). Basically your politicians formulate your foreign policies to win votes in the US. Its a fairly dangerous way to conduct international diplomacy.
You are now losing your influence over much of the middle east and I don't think there is very much you can do to stop it.

Defeating your allies enemy's is not always a good idea, they will soon be in need of a new enemy...
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

The world's always been in the gutter....
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

The world isnt any worse or better than it has been for a long time.
People have been burning flags, take hostage and kill ambassadors ... etc. for a long time.

Its just that the focus, once more, is towards the US, and as that country has a lot of people carrying camera's that call themselves journalist, you read about it wherever you go.

Soon somebody will take over being 'Uncle Sam' and you will likelly see the attention turn towards them.
Either way, the US isnt really helping itself imo.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

http://en.avaaz.org/783/muslim-rage-pro ... -the-clash

The popular media has quite the anti-islamist spin on this.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

The probable truth is that 99% of those in the protest just want to yell and break stuff. Same thing happens in many protests in America as well.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Nielk1 wrote:The probable truth is that 99% of those in the protest just want to yell and break stuff. Same thing happens in many protests in America as well.
That, and drink, drop [insert drug here], and have sex. All fun and games, yeah.

No need for upsetness, yo.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

The current outrage of an obscure video is SO over-the-top manufactured and self-propagating it's nauseating.

It has been easy as hell to find cartoons and insulting caricatures of Muhammad in every sexual position with ridiculous captions for several years now.

What is surprising is the self imposed shock and ignorance so many people have when you also bring up the date all this total BS started.

To me, one of the best debate presentations is THIS. I believe it clearly exposes the complete insanity the religion offers those who thirst to be radical for the sake of some wacky theistic-based belief structure.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Nielk1 wrote:The probable truth is that 99% of those in the protest just want to yell and break stuff. Same thing happens in many protests in America as well.
You're probably right, but that group of people generally first needs some trigger before they snap.
I can refer to some 'interactions' the police had with a crowd of people visiting festivals, the police shows up and as soon as they tell some people to act decent they snap and the whole crowd turns on the police.
This simply is caused by the fact the group of people is already discontent with the police and probably more aspects of society and as soon as they get the slighest ammo they use it ... with force.
DarkCobra262
Sabre

Post by DarkCobra262 »

With all these protests, I still don't see why we don't just go back to isolationism for a little while, focus on ourselves and do some housecleaning (IE get back to the manufacturing capabilities we had in WWII)... oh well, my 0.02 (insert cents symbol here - laptop doesn't seem to have it o.O)
Modding/Modelling like a noob...
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

What do you mean "but", it wasn't counter to what I said at all.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

We're heading toward isolationism as it is, that isn't necessarily a good thing though. North Korea is probably the most isolated country on the planet and look how well that's going for them.

I think you mean non-interventionism. :)
"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Yes, but one of the central reasons we mettle is to stop the crap from coming here or from the crap disturbing our trading with other civilized cultures and countries.
AcneVulgaris
Thunderbolt

Post by AcneVulgaris »

I think we may have reached the point where our meddling is causing more problems than it solves. Would be worth stepping back for a bit to see what happens.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

AcneVulgaris wrote:I think we may have reached the point where our meddling is causing more problems than it solves. Would be worth stepping back for a bit to see what happens.
But if we do that, the terrorists win!
Silence is banal.
              -IX