Presidential Debate

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Re: Presidential Debate

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

AHadley wrote:I know perfectly well what per capita means.
Well. . . ya know. . .at least make it seem like you do. . . ;)
AHadley wrote:. . .you've not really got any high ground when it comes to national debt.
Did I say so? But since we're going there, I will say we are not in near the danger the U.K. is regarding that aspect of budget discipline.

Did I not say it's not funny for either country.

Man, this forum is notorious for selective reading.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

You're reading things into my comments that aren't there again. The US is in as much a mess as the UK, though it's not affecting either of us as far as I can tell. As to it being funny, you might want to give your sarcasm detector the once-over, I think it's broken.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

AHadley wrote:That's funny, ours doesn't come anywhere near trillions of dollars.
AHadley wrote:You're reading things into my comments that aren't there again.
You're absolutely right, there's a lot that's not there. Defiance isn't going to make it any less obvious. ;)
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Ahab, you're misreading BFT's posts.
BFT, you're asking for defiance ..
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Implications beget implications.

Still doesn't make US law affect China or give you a lesser environmental impact though :P
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Man, this forum is notorious for selective reading.
Seems to be notorious for selective comprehension too. Obviously you are smart enough to realise why a nation the size of the USA should not need to be importing lumber, it was one of your major exports for centuries. The only reason it is happening is to avoid the costs of developing sustainable production methods.
The dumping of international law is to avoid any legal liabilities caused by the extra national resourcing methods of US companies.
Basically your nation is behaving like an an unemployed benefit sponger who also breaks into other peoples houses because it is a much easier way of getting luxury goods than having to go out and earn an honest living and who then gets upset when the police won't take reports of a break in at their own home by the homeless and hungry seriously.
Its a one way trip to the Crapocalypse, go on, vote for even more s#it. :lol:
Someone send a BZ2 cd to them!
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

MrTwosheds wrote:
Basically your nation is behaving like an an unemployed benefit sponger who also breaks into other peoples houses because it is a much easier way of getting luxury goods than having to go out and earn an honest living and who then gets upset when the police won't take reports of a break in at their own home by the homeless and hungry seriously.
I wasn't aware the US was stealing, or otherwise not compensating for these resources.

No wonder you are so upset.

However, if your analogy was more emotional than realistic, another might be in order.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I wasn't aware the US was stealing, or otherwise not compensating for these resources.
Right, going to have to talk to you like you are an idiot...
Money cannot compensate for the destruction of an ecosystem, they are living entities, producers of natural wealth.
Go on tell me how much your life is for sale for? it isn't is it?

The current industrialised process destroys ecosystems, That is why you have to import lumber, because they destroyed too much of your nations natural wealth production system, and continue to do this on a global basis (yes, that is your American paper industry deforesting the Congo) The "compensation" you feel so noble about is actually just a way of persuading the corruptible to allow the commercial sabotage of their own nations natural wealth production systems. Preventing unwelcome competition and afflicting that nation with the same economic problem that yours already suffers from, the impossibly huge time/cost of recreating a sustainable lumber industry after it has been destroyed by greed driven industrialists.
Sustainable forestry on the other hand, is quite easy to do, but it doesn't make a lot of money, its "inefficient" in that it just makes a lot of wood and continues to do so indefinitely.

Its not just the US. Anyone who practices unsustainable logging is stealing from the whole world population, now and into the future. Not only its material and biodiversity value but also its value as the oxygen producing and carbon sequestration mechanism of our world.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

MrTwosheds wrote:
Right, going to have to talk to you like you are an idiot...
I enjoy being talked to like an idiot if I misunderstood. . . especially if I misunderstood the first time, that's why I left my comment in your quote. You, not I, brought up the timber thing. You, not I, accused the US of acquiring resources by outright stealing, with that analogy. I simply asked if it was true.

So. . .do I get an answer, or just more rambling on how upset you are that timber is used in a way not to your liking and that the compensation is some esoteric nonsense that you also don't think is just?
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Great, so Mr2Sheds and PR are complete opposite extremists. At least Mr2Sheds is far more personable when off this topic.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

So. . .do I get an answer,
I my opinion, The US should produce and use lumber grown in the US because it is a very large nation in which forests can, did and should be grown!
It would be unreasonable to expect the same from Iceland, or Saudi Arabia for example. :lol:
By making a purely economic decision to import the needs of a continent sized industrial nation, using unsustainable methods, extreme amounts of damage are being done to the biosphere. This is a deliberate act of vandalism and is a crime against the planet, In my opinion. (And the main reason behind all the science denial)
I accept that you are making some (probably futile) attempts to repair the huge amounts of damage caused by previous generations to your nations forests. That you are doing this while still allowing US corporations to commit the same offence in other nations is quite simply proof of guilt.

Yes, sorry about being a fanatic, but this unfortunately is the main economic force that created your nations great wealth in the first place. Continuing to perpetrate it in other nations, despite all we know about its detrimental effects, can really only be described as the calculated theft of other nations ability to create natural wealth via sustainable forestry.

GW dropped international law, because he realised that "industries" like this would then be challenged time and time again in international courts over their plans. Causing the US to face up to the consequences of its own historic uncontrolled resourcing. So now people can steal your IP...just so that some can carry on making lots of money by Not Growing Trees. Its economic insanity at its worst.
APCs r Evil
Sabre

Post by APCs r Evil »

Nielk1 wrote:Mr2Sheds
Am I the only one who reads and pronounces his name as, "Mr. T"?
"It is not only his right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

No you are not, but it is not my nick, Mr.T is/was someone else entirely. Mr2 or 2sheds are the correct abbreviations
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

hey, we rich people need those trees:

http://money.msn.com/investing/latest.a ... 3773d53b26
If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Red Devil wrote:hey, we rich people need those trees:
http://money.msn.com/investing/latest.a ... 3773d53b26
The worst is that thin waxy crap on the thousand foot rolls you find in malls or Home Depot or similar places. One needs a bit of tooth, but also to be soft and tender. :lol: