Interesting Article thread II

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Interesting Article thread II

Post by MrTwosheds »

Yeah, election monitors are just for untrustworthy foreign nations who always rig their elections, obviously its not because they have something to hide... :lol:
Don't get confused by the fact that it has Europe in the title, the USA is a member of the OSCE.(Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe)
The OSCE is concerned with early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation. Its 56 participating states are located in Europe, the former Soviet Union and North America and cover most of the northern hemisphere. It was created during the Cold War era as an East-West forum
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Re: Interesting Article thread II

Post by Nielk1 »

So, I just got a mail from Demand Progress about a Pro-Romney firm owning Ohio's voting machines. It has the giant words "DON'T LET REPUBLICANS STEAL THE ELECTION". Of course, this doesn't make any sense in context...

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/hart_romney/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/more-el ... r-told-us/

Ignore the source of the 2nd article, there are others, but I chose the most sensationalist to act as a foil to the email I got.

So, wait, I thought the voting machines were supposed to be owned by some French or other foreign company with ties to an Obama-ite. Now they are owned by Romney? Wait, what? Then why are they changing votes to Obama, in the state that Romney apparently has stock in their machines? Is this a complex strategy of lies and deceit, is it just one of hundreds of things Romney has money in, did he put that money in to try to fairly correct the issue?

What the hell is going on in this country?
As a Computer Scientist, I want to vote via paper ballot.
Either that are super large prime number based asymmetrically encrypted triple redundant electronic input where validation can occur at a later date by matching my vote back up against my private key stored on a voter card in a non-wireless (no RFID) way (hyper dense punch card might be best). Of course then your vote is no longer anonymous.
Yea, paper ballots sound good.
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Both Politicians (all sides) and press have dragged the whole process so deep down into the mud of disinformation and issue/responsibility avoidance, that only the really gullible would believe anything any of them say. Which means they can pretty much do what they want because nobody can tell the real bits from all the bullsh1t. The professional politicians have reduced your democracy to little more than a reality TV show where only the most trivial issues are presented as a substitute for real political debate. Mostly it will be about what they are going to do for you... rather than what you the American people are going to do for yourselves under their leadership. They are selling stories to you, instead of representing you.
None of the people standing should have anything to fear from election monitors, halt the ballot, dismiss the candidates and send the bill for another one to those who decided they don't want YOUR democracy monitored. :)
HitchcockGreen
Bull Dog

Post by HitchcockGreen »

Nielk1 wrote:So, I just got a mail from Demand Progress about a Pro-Romney firm owning Ohio's voting machines. It has the giant words "DON'T LET REPUBLICANS STEAL THE ELECTION". Of course, this doesn't make any sense in context...

http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/hart_romney/
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/more-el ... r-told-us/

Ignore the source of the 2nd article, there are others, but I chose the most sensationalist to act as a foil to the email I got.

So, wait, I thought the voting machines were supposed to be owned by some French or other foreign company with ties to an Obama-ite. Now they are owned by Romney? Wait, what? Then why are they changing votes to Obama, in the state that Romney apparently has stock in their machines? Is this a complex strategy of lies and deceit, is it just one of hundreds of things Romney has money in, did he put that money in to try to fairly correct the issue?

As a Computer Scientist, I want to vote via paper ballot.
Either that are super large prime number based asymmetrically encrypted triple redundant electronic input where validation can occur at a later date by matching my vote back up against my private key stored on a voter card in a non-wireless (no RFID) way (hyper dense punch card might be best). Of course then your vote is no longer anonymous.
Yea, paper ballots sound good.
From what I understand, the voting machines in a few states were linked to Romney's son. Others could have ties to Obama, I don't know. I had heard about the story (second article) but when I originally saw it there was no confirmation.
Either way, either party - conflict of interest much?
Still use paper ballots here.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Well, the first thread served us well, but times change, and so do the stories

Carry on my Wayward Sooon!:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... orway.html
Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

If given the truth, the people can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts - and beer.
Abraham Lincoln

Battlestrat, FE, G66, In The Shadows, Starfleet, Uler, & ZTV

Lifetime member of JBS and NRA
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

TnT
Drunken Constructor

Post by TnT »

From article:
Paek's plan would be for a spacecraft to close in on the rogue asteroid and fire two rounds of paintballs at the rock, the first volley covering its front and the second volley covering its backside in white paint. The pellets would burst apart on impact and cover the asteroid's surface in a fine layer of paint, doubling its reflectivity, or albedo. The initial force from the pellets would bump an asteroid off course, and, over time, the Sun’s photons would deflect the asteroid even more.
Does he realistically think those paint balls will not freeze before impact? He chose white for its reflectivity, hence it will not gain much heat through solar absorption on the sun facing side and none at all on the shadow side. Assuming they are liquid while traversing space, what would prevent them from expanding and bursting when exposed to the vacuum of space?
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

what would prevent them from expanding and bursting when exposed to the vacuum of space?
well I guess that would depend on the type of paint, Some sort of silicone based paint might work. Its not like it needs to look good :)
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:
what would prevent them from expanding and bursting when exposed to the vacuum of space?
well I guess that would depend on the type of paint, Some sort of silicone based paint might work. Its not like it needs to look good :)
Now we only have to find it well over 20 years before it impacts, have 10 ton of paint ready including a spaceship that can fire them and be able to hit something that goes forward at thousends of km/h and make sure we hit it twice on pretty specific points to hope it gets enough sunlight afterwards.
Ahh, nothing that can go wrong there ... :roll:
TnT
Drunken Constructor

Post by TnT »

MrTwosheds wrote:
Good point MTS! :o When it said paint balls, I just thought of the glycol filled gelatin balls; however I guess they could be made out of whatever would work.

As the original paint balls used for cattle marking were made out of glass, I guess you could use glass balls filled with a magnetic glitter (aren't asteriods supposed to be mostly iron?).

How about that for a new BZ defensive weapons. A glitter proximity mine. :lol:
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Of course, that assumes biometal is magnetic. We haven't got a clue what it's made out of.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

It's made of pixels.