Interesting Article Thread v.2

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Interesting Article Thread v.2

Post by MrTwosheds »

I'd far prefer Israel over the other options, but if people continue to be so easily swayed the entire region is going to become a sheet of glass.
I have not been swayed, my opinion is the same as it has been for years. This is not a good guys/bad guys scenario. It is a lunatic asylum scenario. It should be quite clear to anyone who follows what actually happens, rather than the biased versions of the press, that the main reason peace has never worked, is because Israel is simply not interested in a peaceful settlement, they are only interested in settlements...on other peoples land. Time after time it is Israel (and the US) that has blocked progress, defied UN resolutions and ensures that the conflict continues.
I can't understand what it is that you prefer? never ending conflict caused by their expansionist ambitions? Or that you would prefer to see the Palestinians terrorised from their homes and the nation of their birth by religious extremism?
The Silence continues. The War Of Lies has no end.
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

This thread is for interesting articles. Not mindless parroting of "one side is bad, and we could fix 3000+ years of problems if people would only implement my preferred solution." Even though you've never been there and are reading just as biased a press as you think the other side is reading. You're an arrogant fool if you think you can sweep 3000+ years of problems into the dustbin of history just by posting on an obscure forum in the backwaters of the internet.

Show some humility, everyone, admit that you're not really educated on the situation, you're not in charge, and would royally #(*&#% it up more if you were suddenly in charge. And bite your tongue and pray for the best. There are bad fixes to the middle east, and worse fixes. Outsiders' opinions fall under the worse.

So, accept that it's another 3000+ years of chaos in the middle east (or Jesus's return, whichever comes first) or it's thread lockdown time.

-- GSH
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Two things you never take to an internet forum; politics and religion.

This thread seems to do both :/
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Trouble is those 2 topics now potentially cover just about everything anyone might want to talk about one way or another.
Philosophy, environment, modern technology, lifestyle all of them have become political or "religious" to some people.
I do not want to just talk about the content of modern entertainment media...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Not an article, but worth posting.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

MrTwosheds wrote:Trouble is those 2 topics now potentially cover just about everything anyone might want to talk about one way or another.
Philosophy, environment, modern technology, lifestyle all of them have become political or "religious" to some people.
I do not want to just talk about the content of modern entertainment media...
If you read GSH's post carefully you will notice he doesnt state you cant discuss either, he states people should get of their high horse if they do choose to discuss it. Make you statement, read the others, move on in the discussion or move on alltogether. As it is in this topic it just spins around in circles where people seemingly try to outbit each other in how stuff should be.
Its not discussing or arguing, its just trowing statements/opinions towards each other.

Some examples to illustrate what I am saying:
Ignorant people discussing religion: I am a believer - I am not a believer - But you should - But you shouldnt - Smart people believe in God - Smart people do not believe in God.
Openminded people discussing religion: I am a believer - I am not a believer - How come you dont believe? - How come you do believe? - ....
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Known on FF.net as John Mccallistair, link provided below if you're interested.

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5916137/John-Mccallistair
GSH
Patch Creator

Post by GSH »

MTS (and others)- I'm saying it's very easy for you to have your two minutes of hate online, where you've been coerced by your own big (or medium) brother to rail against some enemy. How about trying two minutes of love? Or if that's too much, even two minutes of trying to understand the other side?

-- GSH
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

I don't think I hate. (except loggers :) ) I look at things, like the subject above, see both sides, and try to see what would actually work, or why it can't work. I'm not clear why you think I was hating. I certainly have no issues at all with Jewish people.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I think, and what I think is that the Israel/Palestine discussion needs to go before somebody gets this thread locked again >.<
MrTwosheds
Recycler

Post by MrTwosheds »

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »