Where I've been

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Zamu
Scrap

Where I've been

Post by Zamu »

Hey guys. I know that I'm not a very well known or important part of the community, but I am making a quick post to clarify where I've been.
I'm sure that a few members of the board are curious as to my whereabouts (mostly GBD), in addition to the future of my mod, which is now titled Battlezone Future.

In early January I decided to unplug the gaming computer in my dorm and focus on expanding my horizons both in my personal and private lives. Towards the end of last quarter, I was spending more and more time on the computer playing games with friends and chatting online. This was somewhat alarming as I found it increasingly difficult to pull away from the screen, even to complete essential tasks like going to class and studying. I had enough self control to finish the quarter, but felt that I should change my behavior; I was coming to rely on the computer for more than just games and I didn't want to become addicted or dependent. As a result, I quit gaming, and restricted my computer use to a laptop. I have needed the time away from the computer to gather myself and keep moving in a positive direction.

The development of BZ Future is not necessarily impeded by my decision to stop gaming. However, the decision to replace my hobby with other pursuits was caused by several real life factors (only one is relevant to this post): I was accepted into the Google Glass explorer's program and have been writing apps and software for the device on my own time, not only because I want app money, but also because I'm hoping it will look good on a resume.
I am still piecing the mod together at my own pace, putting together minor assets when I get bored. I continue to think about the mod and still plan on completing it within the next year or so.

I want to thank you guys for being supportive of my interest in BZ modding. I never got the chance to formally thank the people who helped me, especially General Black Dragon, who was a major force in helping me understand the way the game works. Thanks!

TL;DR:
I am still kicking around, casually creating art and conceptual assets, but will not be active in the modding community for some time.
===================================== ☭ Greetings Comrade☭ =====================================
Ded10c
Recycler

Re: Where I've been

Post by Ded10c »

Ha! I was hoping you hadn't dropped off the face of the earth... welcome back, friend.
battlezone.wikia.com needs your help!
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Welcome back to the real world ;)
General BlackDragon
Flying Mauler

Post by General BlackDragon »

Yay! Glad to see your still around. :)

Wow, I didn't think I made much of an impact around here...Thanks :D