THE X: DRIVE

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

blue banana
Sabre

THE X: DRIVE

Post by blue banana »

ok so all in one night this happened:

i turned my computer to sleep (hibernate/stand by) and when i turned it back on it gave me a blackscreen error. \windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe is missing or corrupt. luckily, we had a windows vista sp1 disc, and we put it in. we did repair, but it did not fix it even after 3 times. then just this morning i got on, did the repair thing, but i clicked CANCEL. it gave me a whole other list of stuff i can do. i remembered choosing command promt. but instead of giving me C:\>, it gave me X:\sources>. i experimented around a bit, and finally remembered how to copy. i called up my dad and told him i did this, and he said he would come home. i already copied the ntkrnlpa.exe from the x: drive. but i did not know how to copy. so my dad did that and all i had to do was to put a space and type C:\windows\system32 and i was done.

THE END

edit: btw, what is X: drive?
squirrelof09
Sabre

Re: THE X: DRIVE

Post by squirrelof09 »

ram drive that vista/7 installer uses as a temporary storage.
sabrebattletank
Thunderbolt

Post by sabrebattletank »

Nice.
blue banana
Sabre

Post by blue banana »

squirrelof09 wrote:ram drive that vista/7 installer uses as a temporary storage.
hm i thought it was the cd
sabrebattletank wrote:Nice.
very nice
ADMIRAL MANSON
Thunderbolt

Post by ADMIRAL MANSON »

You should do a sfc /scannow along with a chkdsk with the OS cd in when possible blue. Also be sure pc is clean of malware before doing the above two things.