Goodbye to all things Battlezone

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Lionsword7
Thunderbolt

Re: Goodbye to all things Battlezone

Post by Lionsword7 »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:I've always said, 'Don't say goodbye, just disappear.'

Not everyone, but as I've seen many times with BZ1, people write long, and sometimes, emotional farewells, because they were wronged in some way. Some say they have, "To much going on." to continue to play and must permanently retire.

It's all quite melodramatic. Much like the way they conducted themselves when they were involved in the game.

Then. . .after a few weeks, or months, and sometimes, a few years, they are back.
I prefer to say goodbyes rather than simply disappear. It lets you get somethings off your mind that you can't really say otherwise.
But yeah, it's something that's dramatic and emotional. I tend to write goodbye letters to people I become especially close with. But not because I was wronged. Simply because I hate it when people just disappear in front of me. I'd rather spend a last few moments with them simply talking about the past. Remembering.
But I see your point. Making a whole topic for goodbye is rather... excessive.

Oh well. Good luck to you, DS.
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:I've always said, 'Don't say goodbye, just disappear.'
Not exactly easy to do if one of the few people who is devoted to everything BZ is also on your Steam Friends list :lol:.

DS, do what you think you need to do. In the meantime I'll be floating around making comments to problems I know the answers to; think of me as a forum stalker rather than a player/modder/noob/etc., seeing as I don't feel like getting drawn back into any development/testing/concepting for BZ2 mods.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

To truly quit out of disinterest is to just disappear. ToO did that a while ago. Disappearing shows you don't really care enough, saying cya imparts "I still care about it"
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

I play with a joystick. If I can't use one I have no real interest in BZ. The only prolonged break I ever experienced was a 5 month period in the spring and summer of 2007 when I had no PC/OS that was compatible with my Logitech Interceptor.
Col Klink
Sabre

Post by Col Klink »

Your best bet is just to take a breather for a while bro. Then when your fingers begin twitching uncontrolably because you haven't played BZII for a while you can always get back in to it again. As suggested try limiting who you let in to online game play. I've had a few players grief me rediculusly and found that password play helps keep the game trolls at bay. I have a feeling we'll all see you again at some point down the road. ;)
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

You lie. I see you on bz2maps and in game right now :)
rice303
Rattler

Post by rice303 »

I prefer to say goodbyes rather than simply disappear.
If I was to die I wrote down everything I wanted posted here and gave it to my girlfriend and while it seems soppy I really do love this community and everyone here and I favor the fact that if I died without anyone knowing and everyone here would (or probably not) wonder where I am therfore that is what ive done and I know she will post it without reason.
bigbadbogie
Bull Dog

Post by bigbadbogie »

rice303 wrote:
I prefer to say goodbyes rather than simply disappear.
If I was to die I wrote down everything I wanted posted here and gave it to my girlfriend and while it seems soppy I really do love this community and everyone here and I favor the fact that if I died without anyone knowing and everyone here would (or probably not) wonder where I am therfore that is what ive done and I know she will post it without reason.
Lost in the outback are ya?