Do most of us understand

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

Do you understand technical stuff like that?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 16

Zax
Attila

Do most of us understand

Post by Zax »

Warfreak
Rattler

Re: Do most of us understand

Post by Warfreak »

I thought I was pretty clear and I even though GSH's rundown was clear. If changing graphic settings -> better performance, your problem is your rig. If better connection / net code fixes -> better performance, your problem was network related and in no way treatable through changes besides those that would stop the use of excess bandwidth (VoIP, web browsers, downloads, etc.)
Shadow Knight
Thunderbolt

Post by Shadow Knight »

It's not even all that technical, just something that everyone who plays online should know: that FPS and lag are different things and independant of each other.
Warfreak
Rattler

Post by Warfreak »

Shadow Knight wrote:...just something that everyone who plays online should know...
If that were true my brother would know not to reset the modem every time his xbox crashes and burns :|. It would also mean forums for modern PC games wouldn't be needed (yep, I've looked, a good chunk of the issues that aren't because of crappy patching are about asking for remedies for crap framerates, good info to know except they use "lag" instead of "crap framerate", making debugging a pain as well as comprehension).
Josiah
Sabre

Post by Josiah »

Shadow Knight wrote:It's not even all that technical, just something that everyone who plays online should know: that FPS and lag are different things and independant of each other.
this.
Red Devil
Recycler

Post by Red Devil »

well, i am most of us and i understand it.
VSMIT
Sabre

Post by VSMIT »

Shadow Knight wrote:It's not even all that technical, just something that everyone who plays online should know: that FPS and lag are different things and independant of each other.
QFT.
TwinShadow
Sabre

Post by TwinShadow »

Useless poll is useless. If you don't understand the technical stuff, no one should be using a public test build and should probably just stick to the public beta. If you do, then move along, there is nothing to see here.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

TwinShadow wrote:Useless poll is useless. If you don't understand the technical stuff, no one should be using a public test build and should probably just stick to the public beta. If you do, then move along, there is nothing to see here.
It's called class action trolling. The key is somebody wanted to generalize, and I wanted to research his or her claims for veracity.
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

What he said.