Thunderbolt

Re: What Have You Learned Today

Post by DuoRanger »

Learned that Snipers are sneaky bastards
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

That steak for breakfast is win. So tender and juicy. Tasty and nice, da da.
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

How to make crepes.
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

The Spanish were even more ruthless than I thought to the Native Americans.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

That cousin's ex-father is an abusive douche-bag with a high maintenance bitch wife. Don't know why the kid still visits the guy.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Zenophas wrote:That cousin's ex-father is an abusive douche-bag with a high maintenance bitch wife. Don't know why the kid still visits the guy.
A little too specific I think.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Nielk1 wrote: Only what, 10 people on the planet truly understand what Einstein has written, and non truly understand quantum physics.
Yes, Feyman proselytized it most of his adult life, often talking about how we can run the numbers, but will never understand.
But one very simple, almost child-like book, that is surprisingly insightful that helped me visualize time dilation, and I suppose the associated esoteric mass increase, is the thin book by Jacob T. Schwartz, ‘Relativity in Illustrations’.
Nielk1 wrote:Interestingly, time is *not* the 4th dimension in a literal sense, as theoretically the future and past do not exist, only the present. Further confused by the fact that all we are able to perceive is the past. By the time the light makes it to your eyes or the feeling to your brain, the event has passed and you are only experiencing the shadow. If that is true, time is not truly a 'dimension' as it cannot be traversable. Furthermore, time seems to be truly measured by the expansion of the universe. Perhaps, if you could reverse the movement of galaxies, maybe all of them, time would go 'backwards', but it would be universe wide and as per the above statement, would not in fact cause the 'past' to reoccur.
An awesome book I read several months ago that completely shook my perception of what really may be happening at the quantum level is Leonard Susskind’s “The Black Hole War.” Here’s one of his very dry, “celebrity lectures” at Standford describing just how weak the gravitational force is.
Nielk1 wrote:And furthermore, if the 'god particle' Higgs boson particle does exist, and it gives mass to all matter, what gives it mass? Ask a particle physicist, they will look at your dumbfounded.
I think it is unexplainable because whatever entity with that amount of energy at that quantum level, (hopefully it will be the Higgs), will ultimately be found to be breaching into other dimensional membrane(s) that we simply have no idea about beyond conjecture.
Nielk1 wrote:I learned that the third form of electrical force is radiation pressure, the other two which I knew, where electric and magnetic fields. The radiation pressure might be why we have gravity.
Exactly.

And THAT is why the Uni-Pulse is such a conundrum. Having a standing wave in the upper terahertz. . . that odd and peculiar frequency range between the upper and robust radio ranges and the visual, is definitely a curiosity in its own right. Why the static repulsive emission only functions at that range is indeed a mystery, but a radiation pressure component is something to consider. Some kind of dimensional phase shift is occurring and possibly “piggy backing” the wave or using the standing wave as a 'lattice' to hold the repulsive force from collapsing. Additionally, how the bio-metal prevents the intense 'field wrapping' of the Lorentz force is, if not a complete field of study in and of itself, certainly a component that will open many insights to our sense of reality when the function is understood. 8-)
Iron_Maiden
Bull Dog

Post by Iron_Maiden »

That there were four major building phases of Versailles palace.
Zenophas
Bull Dog

Post by Zenophas »

That Superman 64 is a classic gem on the Nintendo.The unparalleled gameplay, the engrossing story, the rings... love those rings. The patterns- the patterns were amazing. The boss fights had Zeno on the edge of her seat ALL THE TIME. But, the real shining stone of this glistening thing of beauty, is the endless glitches that make every playthrough of the game a new and exciting experience.

Oh, and the owners of the company that developed this game are also the ones who own the company that created Fallout.

Titus --> Interplay.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Apparently no one I regularly talk to likes .hack//SUFFIX, which is surprising considering general probabilities.
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Nielk1 wrote:Apparently no one I regularly talk to likes .hack//SUFFIX, which is surprising considering general probabilities.
Insert blindingly obvious joke here :)
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

Nielk1 wrote:Apparently no one I regularly talk to likes .hack//SUFFIX, which is surprising considering general probabilities.
This being?
Zax wrote:Insert blindingly obvious joke here :)
Sorry, just woke up. Not on form. This being?
Clavin12
Bull Dog

Post by Clavin12 »

How to compute a large number of primes in python.
Firestorm29
Rattler

Post by Firestorm29 »

Zenophas wrote:That Superman 64 is a classic gem on the Nintendo.The unparalleled gameplay, the engrossing story, the rings... love those rings. The patterns- the patterns were amazing. The boss fights had Zeno on the edge of her seat ALL THE TIME. But, the real shining stone of this glistening thing of beauty, is the endless glitches that make every playthrough of the game a new and exciting experience.

Oh, and the owners of the company that developed this game are also the ones who own the company that created Fallout.

Titus --> Interplay.
I just suffered a syntax error.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

To be vigilant
and observant