well, that was pointless

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

TheJamsh
Bull Dog

well, that was pointless

Post by TheJamsh »

Some of you may have caught some news I posted on BZU before it died, about being away for three weeks recording an album... Well I came back from the studio 19 days early after our engineer fell ill! Typical!

Anyway, going back in August now and starting again. Probably for the best, I didnt realise how much practice I need before going in to do something like that. Quite a shocker to hear yourself back after recording, I've never liked it..
RubiconAlpha
Rattler

Re: well, that was pointless

Post by RubiconAlpha »

Yes, hearing yourself on tape is never easy. You hear every mistake and the more you listen to it the worst you'll feel.

From the live videos I saw, your band sounded pretty tight. So what was it that you didn't like? Drum sound, timing issues, fills? I'd recommend listening more to the parts you liked and work off that. Sometimes less is more.
TheJamsh
Bull Dog

Post by TheJamsh »

What i've written is great, is jsut my in-ability to play it in a studio ;)

I am starting some tuition etc this week to work on technique, I think thats what it all boils down to for me. If I could listen back to my own music that Ive performed on and be pleased, Ill be a happy person indeed...
Ded10c
Recycler

Post by Ded10c »

I'm the same with drumming. In a studio, it sounds horrible, but on stage it always seens to go well.
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Sorry to hear this. Was looking forward to your music. Practice makes perfect so, cool. This just means you can finish Expansion pack real quick. Right!!!! lol
Iron Maiden
Sabre

Post by Iron Maiden »

While you are not my taste, I am sad to hear of your dillemma.

On another note, I use audacity, and I sound like crap! Though that could be because I am using a Microphone headset as a mic to record and I have a bubbling fishtank in the backround. :lol:
Axeminister
Sabre

Post by Axeminister »

Audacity is what I've been using. Works good, easy to understand.