Bionite: Origins

Moderators: GSH, VSMIT, Commando

MrTwosheds
Recycler

Re: Bionite: Origins

Post by MrTwosheds »

Well probably not...the terms Novel and profit usually only occur in conjunction with published and successful. Having a tiny bunch of retro pc gamers as your target audience, is pretty much going to guarantee that no publisher will be interested, unless the book is really something outstanding.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

Would you risk it over something you'd call a hobby?
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

He's still doing that?

He was still doing that years upon years ago. The just-finishing-up process must be utterly draining.

On that cargo-freighter ship, it must be using thrusters exclusively for maneuvering, they would never hold a ship that size aloft. Teehee.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Post by Psychedelic Rhino »

Zax wrote:On that cargo-freighter ship, it must be using thrusters exclusively for maneuvering, they would never hold a ship that size aloft.
Nozzle size is but one of the variables. If the engine can throw enough mass, at high enough velocity, the nozzle can be quite small, as you can see in one of the original jet fighters the Germans produced in WW2. . .the Messerschmitt 163

For example, I haven't done the F=MA for it, but I could easily imagine a 747 gaining enough thrust to fly from a nozzle the size of a Budweiser can if it could continuously flow a few ounces of mass in a few billionths of a second, at ~20% lightspeed. However, there is an issue that must be considered in designs using a de Laval-type nozzle, referred to as choked flow. I'm not a rocket scientist :roll: but the reason you don't see extremely small nozzles, is it is too difficult and problematic to try and accelerate mass that quickly and reliably.
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

MrTwosheds wrote:Are there really army's of parasitic lawyers searching every dark corners of the multimedia world searching for someone to sue?
yes
Zax
Attila

Post by Zax »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:
Zax wrote:On that cargo-freighter ship, it must be using thrusters exclusively for maneuvering, they would never hold a ship that size aloft.
Nozzle size is but one of the variables. If the engine can throw enough mass, at high enough velocity, the nozzle can be quite small, as you can see in one of the original jet fighters the Germans produced in WW2. . .the Messerschmitt 163

For example, I haven't done the F=MA for it, but I could easily imagine a 747 gaining enough thrust to fly from a nozzle the size of a Budweiser can if it could continuously flow a few ounces of mass in a few billionths of a second, at ~20% lightspeed. However, there is an issue that must be considered in designs using a de Laval-type nozzle, referred to as choked flow. I'm not a rocket scientist :roll: but the reason you don't see extremely small nozzles, is it is too difficult and problematic to try and accelerate mass that quickly and reliably.
Well, ok, but the post was really aimed at GBD preemptively before he said "Thrusters on biometal ship! GAHHHHHH!"
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

In canon the thruster chaises of all BZ1 units are not made of biometal but are instead suspended with other equipment by LAZERS while the biometal is sprayed on as a thin layer. This explains many differences between BZ1 and BZ2 units.
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Just for historic reference. . .

The Moon and Mars expeditions in the early and mid 60's to recover known or suspected impact locations of bio-metal, used conventional chemistry for orbital or planetary parabolic trajectories with the exception of the Mars missions.

The efficiency of using a bio-metal integrated drive allowed us to go to Mars in mere days to weeks instead of months. This was vital considering several of the mission flights were very inefficient as Mars was in retrograde or on the other side of the sun. I have found some reference the tech was used for Hohmann orbital transfers, but this is only conjecture as the documentation I have is very limited. And of course, as every BZ player knows, the technology was used in conjunction with the Uni-Mass drive on the surface as a lateral or perpendicular to god's g thrust, since the Uni-Mass 'drive' is only capable of 'levitation' a meter or so above the surface.

The developed technology utilizing bio-metal was generally and generically referred to as the 'Bio-metal heating lattice'. This, of course, was decades before VASIMR, 'Resistojet' or METs were developed not using bio-metal as the heating technology or power source.
Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

LtFeed, any idea when you're going public with this?
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

were currently in the closed beta phase. :)

We were shooting for a March release on Steam, but we decided to list the Project on Kickstarter first. If we wait a few more months, we will have a much better release for Steam. Were going to release one more closed beta and then well release and open beta, which will be public. The open beta should be ready in about 30 days. Were about to release a full Trailer of the game, ill post the link here as soon its up. Heres the link to the Teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMk82MwPzPQ
Psychedelic Rhino
Bull Dog

Best of luck. I really hope you guys can find a player base.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

thanks Psy Rhino :)

i hope so also!

but, i think we got a good start:

we were recently tweeted by Ken Levine:

https://twitter.com/#!/bionite
Nielk1
Flying Mauler

Post by Nielk1 »

Psychedelic Rhino wrote:Just for historic reference. . .
The problem with everything you post is I can't tell if it is for Battlezone or your re-imagining which work on specifiably different basis.
LtFEED
Thunderbolt

Post by LtFEED »

some rough screens of the upcoming open beta:

Red Spot
Attila

Post by Red Spot »

That looks pretty impressive ;)
I do hope that any missions, or gamemodes, are as impressive as the looks, preferable even more 8-)